On 7/22/2022 at 9:50 PM, Vektor said:

Same for the next two events:

Men's epee - :FRA  :ITA  :KOR  :HUN  :JPN  :UKR  :EGY  :VEN 

Women's foil - :ITA  :USA  :JPN  :FRA  :CAN  :POL  :GER  :KOR 

For the last two events:

Men's foil - :ITA  :USA  :FRA  :JPN  :EGY  :POL  :HKG  :CAN 

Women's sabre - :FRA  :KOR  :HUN  :JPN  :ITA  :ESP  :USA  :KAZ 

2 hours ago, Dunadan said:

16 nations with at least a medal is a new record, the previous one was 15. First ever medal for Georgia, and Belgium back on the podium after 71 years.

Belgian sport seems very much on the rise. Maybe, 10 medals+ in on the table for Paris ? That would be a first... since Paris 1924.

13 minutes ago, es1 said:

Reply to Phelps on his take on Women's Foil in 2022 Cairo Senior Worlds:  You said the "not exactly phenomenal [USA flag]Maia Weintraub". Maybe it's your English and what you are actually saying but "not exactly phenomenal" is so far from the truth of the matter.

ANYWAY,

Maia Weintraub is pretty phenomenal -- she is a teenager beating the more experienced Alice Volpi, the professional fencer.  It was such a phenomenal win that even FIE news report talked about it in its article on the winners.  Who reports on a T32 match unless it is phenomenal !! FIE said: In individual women’s foil, Thibus faced Italian two-time world champion Arianna Errigo in the final match, winning with a 15-10 score. Errigo won against USA’s Olympic champion Lee Kiefer in the semifinal round, 15-14, while Thibus defeated Romania’s Maria Boldor, 15-3. Of note, USA’s Maia Mei Weintraub beat Italian world champion Alice Volpi in the round of 32, 15-13.  [BOOM!]

I confirm what I wrote...Weintraub is a good and promising youngster, but she's far from being "pretty phenomenal"...

if you look for those kind of fencers, look at Lauren Scruggs (who was not in the US team at this world championship, luckily for all the other Nations)...

and among those younger than Weintraub, I can name at least 5 or 6 girls that are way better at the moment (I don't forsee the future...I only talk of today)...

the fact that she won against a limited (and poorly performing) Volpi doesn't matter...in fencing, it's quite normal having upsets at any tournament...