website statistics

Welcome to Team India!

Sindo

Hello guys,

as promised, here is the "club" where all the Indian users can discuss about all sports with fellow Indian users. Ideally, the club will take the place of the India National Thread, so that you can have more threads and also sub-sections.

I will now invite here all the Indian users, once you join the club you will see the link of the club in the navigation bar and at the top of each page.

Two important things

1) I need one user who will be the "owner" of the club. It is not a big thing and no time commitment is required, you will just take decisions like which sections and threads to have, update the sections' descriptions etc.

2) Club's name: You have proposed some names in the India National Thread and I am not sure if you found a final solution, and anyway it would be good to hear more users' thoughts. You can talk here or open a poll about the name and once you have decided it I will change the name of the club. In the while, I have named it with a neutral "Team India".

Let's make this club active in the next weeks when the first qualification events for Paris 2024 will start! :clap:

57 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

If everyone is ok I'd like to take the role as owner. It'll be my privilege to do so.. 

You are now the "owner"/admin of the club. You can take decisions about the name of the club (maybe also asking other users what they prefer), create new sections, opening new threads etc.

@Prashanth Let me know if you wanna be the owner as well. Thanks!

On 6/17/2022 at 6:39 PM, Sindo said:

You are now the "owner"/admin of the club. You can take decisions about the name of the club (maybe also asking other users what they prefer), create new sections, opening new threads etc.

@Prashanth Let me know if you wanna be the owner as well. Thanks!

I am okay with Fly being the owner. I am always with team India. 

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Sanjib said:

It was a poor decision to de-centralize this group, I'm unaware of the challenges but gradually this group is dying, I hope I'm wrong.

I also expected more activity on the group during the Commonwealth Games. But I think this has nothing to do with moving the National thread into the club. I guess in the National Thread the activity would have been the same. To have a club is much better because you can have different threads inside the same section.

I think the decreased activity of Indian users on Totallympics started after the 2016 Olympics when a user created a Whatsapp group and some users were using that instead of the forum. There are sure some positive points of having a Whatsapp group, but I think there are also some negative ones. And I also think now the forum is mobile-friendly, so I think we can bring users back here if we offer good quality content.

@Prashanth / @Fly_like_a_don / @Sanjib (and also all other users) I hope you can help to make this club more active in the next months. You can get in touch with single Indian users (and new potential users) and bring them here. An increase in the activity will make the club more appealing and more users will be interested to join. So we need to ignite the spark to start a fire :d The perfect timing for that will be when the Paris 2024 qualifications will get in full swing. We can talk again about that, maybe in October before the Shooting World Championships which will assign the first quotas.

I am sure there is a huge potential to make this club very active, we just need some help of you guys, and I will try to help as much as I can to get :IND users back :yes

16 hours ago, Sanjib said:

It was a poor decision to de-centralize this group, I'm unaware of the challenges but gradually this group is dying, I hope I'm wrong.

I'm also in the same opinion. Literally finding difficult to follow the information as it is scattered over different groups.

26 minutes ago, Prakash said:

I'm also in the same opinion. Literally finding difficult to follow the information as it is scattered over different groups.

It is actually not different "groups", but different "threads". Considering this as the home page of the club: https://totallympics.com/clubs/5-team-india/

You then get different sections:

image.png

Each sections will then have different threads, so for example if you open the Summer Olympic Sports section (https://totallympics.com/forum/251-summer-olympic-sports/) you will get all the threads about summer sports.

I understand this is a bit different from how it was in the India National Thread, but I think it can be potentially better. We just need more :IND users to be active in the section.

Should you all agree you prefer to have everything in the same place, we can of course get back to the single India National Thread. But I think the main problem is users' activity, not the club. So we should find a way to get back all the users who have left. Probably they are okay with just a Whatsapp group right now, so we should find a way to make this club more interesting than the Whatsapp group.

• 2 months later...