website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

vor 3 Minuten schrieb dareza:

I have to say that Kyrios is not player for GS title. Not in next 4 years. He is born in 1995. and he has only one atp title. And you expect that he will win GS in next 2-3 years. No way.

Why dont you quote me if you want to talk with me? :)

Where did i say that he will win slams in 2-3 years/any slams at all? Djokovic will win 10-12 slams in the next 4 years if he stays healthy, but then there will be a new era without Federer, Nadal, Murray, Wawrinka, Gasquet, Djokovic, Ferrer, Berdych and i dont see any reason why Kyrgios shouldnt win a slam then. Of course he has a "weak mentality" and has to work on it, otherwise he will end up like Tomic or Dimitrov, but he absolutely has the potential to win a slam. He has a huge serve and an amazing forehand, in addition to that he is very mobile for his size.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, crovitlaci said:

I don't see any of them winning it, especially Raonic. Raonic is Karlović at one level higher.

But Roger will finish his carrer soon. Rafa is not old Rafa. Wawrinka is not young anymore. Novak and Andy must retire once.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb dareza:

Zverev will be first GS winner of all new players. Maybe in 2018.-2020. Thiem has chance also, and maybe Raonic.

I dont think so and 100% not so early. Djokovic will win at least 10-12 slams in the next 4 years, the other slams will probably go to Murray, Wawrinka and maybe Nadal/Thiem. Zverev is too tall to become a dominant player, but i think he could have a career like Cilic, Del Potro or even Kuerten. I dont like Coric and his style, but he is the most likely future number 1 in my opinion, unless Kyrgios learns to work hard and control himself more on court. Thiem could also win some slams, especially on clay and in about 6-8 years Auger Aliassime should destroy everyone else, maybe Kei or Milos can also pick up some slams before that.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, dareza said:

I don't think it is realistic. I will predicted that he will win USO in next yearS.

probably yes.....he is already old and missing something big.....but who knows....i wouldn't be happier for anyone else more than Raonic :d

14 minutes ago, dareza said:

I have to say that Kyrios is not player for GS title. Not in next 4 years. He is born in 1995. and he has only one atp title. And you expect that he will win GS in next 2-3 years. No way.

Never say never :p

I mean, I'm sure stranger things have happened...imagine a scenario with someone like Kyrgios being in the shape of his life, a good draw and some upsets that kicks out someone like Djokovic and some other of the highest level and you might see a surprise :p 

(Although yeah, the chance of him NOT winning a GS in 2016, 2017 or 2018 is obviously bigger than the chance that he does win one)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, DaniSRB said:

probably yes.....he is already old and missing something big.....but who knows....i wouldn't be happier for anyone else more than Raonic :d

What's so special about Raonic? :red:

On a Dutch forum he's usually seen as the biggest "douche" on the Tour, as in, a "boring, anonymous" player apart from some sick serves. Personally I really don't know enough about it to judge that, so I don't understand why people say such negative things and I also don't understand why people say such positive things :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I dont think so and 100% not so early. Djokovic will win at least 10-12 slams in the next 4 years, the other slams will probably go to Murray, Wawrinka and maybe Nadal/Thiem. Zverev is too tall to become a dominant player, but i think he could have a career like Cilic, Del Potro or even Kuerten. I dont like Coric and his style, but he is the most likely future number 1 in my opinion, unless Kyrgios learns to work hard and control himself more on court. Thiem could also win some slams, especially on clay and in about 6-8 years Auger Aliassime should destroy everyone else, maybe Kei or Milos can also pick up some slams before that.

Oh, how I forgot Kei. :facepalm: No, Zverev is No1 potential and he will be great player in future. Im sure that will have more GS titles of all players born in 1995.-1997.

Edited by dareza

Just now, dareza said:

But Roger will finish his carrer soon. Rafa is not old Rafa. Wawrinka is not young anymore. Novak and Andy must retire once.

Roger and Rafa are probably over with serious tennis, Wawrinka mostly depends on his motivation. Novak is 29, so as Murray, they're not old, and as long as they keep playing on this level nobody can get close to them. Zverev could become a good player but I'm not sure, as for Thiem I just don't like his style of play, I'm a bit subjective there. :d