website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

Just now, thepharoah said:

Kerber :facepalm:WOW , what a surprise , IMO she was a big favorite for winning it all here 

No way she was big favorite for the title :lol: Her performance after Stuttgart was bad and chances for this upset were pretty high in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Wanderer said:

No way she was big favorite for the title :lol: Her performance after Stuttgart was bad and chances for this upset were pretty high in my opinion.

well , no player really impressed this year in clay , so Kerber based on her results this year should have been one of the favorites IMO 

Coming home just to see that Siegemund was chanceless against Bouchard, what a horrible result ... :facepalm:

Not surprised to see that Kerber lost, she was shit on clay this year, has always been shit on clay and it will never change. The shocking thing is that Bertens didnt even play good tennis, pretty much everyone wouldve won against Kerber today. Kerber is just hopeless with such slow conditions (Stuttgart is indoor and much faster), she needs faster courts, thank god the olympics arent played on clay. Bertens was mentally pretty weak and offered two breaks to Kerber in the 3rd set (at 3:1 and at 5:3) but Kerber just wasnt mentally there today. I hope she will be able to get that loss out of her had, then she will be a contender again in Wimbledon and at the US Open. Now Beck/Ostapenko/Gavrilova/Safarova have to win this tournament, otherwise i will be very pissed. :fingers:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.