website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

I finally got some time to congratulate Novak on his career Grand Slam, and non-calendar Grand Slam, becoming third man in history to hold all 4 titles at the same time :bowdown: Couldn't be much more proud and happy to witness this historic moment. Tennis didn't lose with Novak's win, on contrary, tennis won and truly fans of tennis definitely would congratulate this success. Tennis is not one or two players, it is much more and it existed and will exist after the certain players are gone. 

Andy's speech looked really honest and very classy :yes 

Great to see Del Potro in such a great shape again, he might be a dark horse for Wimbledon, i think he can beat almost anyone on grass, maybe except for Djokovic, Murray, Federer, Kyrgios and Raonic. I really hope that Del Potro or Kyrgios will win Wimbledon, it would be great for tennis, especially if Kyrgios would win his first slam. :cool:

Edit: Federer was way off today, but one has to say that Fritz played really great tennis. He played much better than when i watched him the last time (against Ferrer), he seems to be more mobile than guys like Kyrgios or Zverev. I think most seeded players will hope to avoid him in the early rounds of Wimbledon and he might be the most promising youngster on grass behind Kyrgios.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Wanderer:

I finally got some time to congratulate Novak on his career Grand Slam, and non-calendar Grand Slam, becoming third man in history to hold all 4 titles at the same time :bowdown: Couldn't be much more proud and happy to witness this historic moment. Tennis didn't lose with Novak's win, on contrary, tennis won and truly fans of tennis definitely would congratulate this success. Tennis is not one or two players, it is much more and it existed and will exist after the certain players are gone. 

Andy's speech looked really honest and very classy :yes 

So you decide what "truly? fans of tennis" have to do? Great to hear, did McEnroe appoint you as the new Commissioner of Tennis? I thought it was Nastase ...

Djokovic deserved to win RG, he was clearly the best player and at the moment is by far the best player in the world, no one can seriously doubt that. I just wouldve liked to see him play against Wawrinka or Nadal on his way to the title. I hoped that someone else would win the title and i consider myself a true fan of tennis and not just fan of a certain player, but i have no problem to congratulate Djokovic, his team and especially Boris Becker. I think Becker really helped Djokovic to reach a new level. Until the end of 2013 Djokovic won 6 slams, after Becker took over (beginning of 2014) Djokovic won 6 out of 10 slams.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

15 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

So you decide what "truly? fans of tennis" have to do? Great to hear, did McEnroe appoint you as the new Commissioner of Tennis? I thought it was Nastase ...

Djokovic deserved to win RG, he was clearly the best player and at the moment is by far the best player in the world, no one can seriously doubt that. I just wouldve liked to see him play against Wawrinka or Nadal on his way to the title. I hoped that someone else would win the title and i consider myself a true fan of tennis and not just fan of a certain player, but i have no problem to congratulate Djokovic, his team and especially Boris Becker. I think Becker really helped Djokovic to reach a new level. Until the end of 2013 Djokovic won 6 slams, after Becker took over (beginning of 2014) Djokovic won 6 out of 10 slams.

Yes he did. I am the only one who can decide whether a person is true fan of tennis, thank you very much.

I like tennis history and records, and records are here to be broken. I was really sad Federer failed to win 4 in a row (twice) and hence I wanted Djokovic to win this RG title so much.

Becker was the key and helped Djokovic a lot, definitely.

And no, Djokovic isn't my #1 favourite player. I will cheer for Kvitova, Lisicki, Tiafoe and Lee no matter what and am very passionate about the four. Add Azarenka too.

4 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I like tennis history and records

Exactly the reason why I was sad Federer had to withdraw from the AO and we had the first GS in the entire millenium (!) without Federer. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Exactly the reason why I was sad Federer had to withdraw from the AO and we had the first GS in the entire millenium (!) without Federer. 

You mean RG... Yes, it was really misfortune. But he definitely looks rusty and it was wise decision. He didn't have business in Paris and wanted to prepare for Wimbledon where he actually does have real chances for deep run.

8 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

You mean RG... Yes, it was really misfortune. But he definitely looks rusty and it was wise decision. He didn't have business in Paris and wanted to prepare for Wimbledon where he actually does have real chances for deep run.

AO, RG, all the same :p 

(kidding obviously, just so that's clear)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!