website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2018 - 2019

hckošice

Pretty cool race :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I don’t know if it was shown on the broadcast, but it happened in front of me. Kaisa got her ski pole stuck in bib, and took like 10 secs to get it out, coming to a full stop on the penalty loop. Got some great pictures of Kuzmina. Lot more local fans than I expected. Lot of down time between men’s and women’s with very little to do but wait.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

46 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I don’t know if it was shown on the broadcast, but it happened in front of me. Kaisa got her ski pole stuck in bib, and took like 10 secs to get it out, coming to a full stop on the penalty loop. 

Yeah it was visible to see something was going on with her :p 

The wait sucks when it's absolutely freezing, for me that's the moment to grab a magazine and just ride it out in a wind-free space :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

28 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah it was visible to see something was going on with her :p 

The wait sucks when it's absolutely freezing, for me that's the moment to grab a magazine and just ride it out in a wind-free space :p 

It’s honestly not that cold (even for a desert boy). I’m just chilling out. Went for a hike around the course (basically walked the women’s course). Great venue (too bad the Europeans hate North American stops)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s honestly not that cold (even for a desert boy). I’m just chilling out. Went for a hike around the course (basically walked the women’s course). Great venue (too bad the Europeans hate North American stops)

Quite a lot of Europeans who like it though. Chilling in bed watching biathlon is fun too :d 

Just now, heywoodu said:

Chilling in bed watching biathlon is fun too :d 

#fatwoodu :p. It’s a great atmosphere, seems well organized. Only the third Olympic sport I’ve ever seen in person.

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

#fatwoodu :p. It’s a great atmosphere, seems well organized. Only the third Olympic sport I’ve ever seen in person.

Ran 15km yesterday, I can chill for a bit :p 

I'm glad you're enjoying it, how is the availability of information on site? (stuff like screens, good stadium speaker etc)

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ran 15km yesterday, I can chill for a bit :p 

I'm glad you're enjoying it, how is the availability of information on site? (stuff like screens, good stadium speaker etc)

One screen that’s pretty visible from most viewing areas. We can pretty much walk anywhere around the venue. Their are opportunities to bump into athletes for selfies, autographs, etc. (I don’t know if I’ll do any of that). Speaker can be hard from a few miles away. There could be better seating though, a lot of standing room only.

33 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

One screen that’s pretty visible from most viewing areas. We can pretty much walk anywhere around the venue. Their are opportunities to bump into athletes for selfies, autographs, etc. (I don’t know if I’ll do any of that). Speaker can be hard from a few miles away. There could be better seating though, a lot of standing room only.

Only after a race and when athletes didn't have a shitty performance :d 

Why is @Olympian1010 running around the course in a dinosaur suit holding an American flag? American sports fans are weird :p