website statistics

Swimming

13 minutes ago, Surlympics said:

I’m kind of happy because she can put all her effort into the relays . She can swim prelims and finals. Her chances of an individual medal were slim 

Well, not so fast… :p

If there’s any B standard invites handed out, Oleksiak will be in. Oleksiak is the only swimmer (besides MacNeil) in the world with that standard according to @Topicmaster1010

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Yea; some of the times are wtf? As in way behind trials times, so I was starting to get worried.

Don’t be, I’m sure they’ll be fine :d

Unrelated, but Mary-Sophie Harvey produced a new PB of 4:07.70 in the women’s 400m freestyle at Sette Colli! One of my favourite swimmers on the Canadian squad, so happy to see her swimming well :wub: (hopefully her form continues heading into the Olympics) 

28 minutes ago, Josh said:

If there’s any B standard invites handed out, Oleksiak will be in. Oleksiak is the only swimmer (besides MacNeil) in the world with that standard according to @Topicmaster1010

There wont be any B quotas handed out because they need to award the tripartie quotas.

9 minutes ago, intoronto said:

There wont be any B quotas handed out because they need to award the tripartie quotas.

They handed out tripartite quotas at previous Olympics, and there was still enough room to invite athletes with B standards. 

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

He beat Liendo to win gold :) 

I am assuming most of the Canadians here are untapered? @Topicmaster1010

Yes, I would imagine so. Like Josh said, there's no need to taper for an in season meet a month before the Olympics unless you're chasing a qualifying time. So if Kharun isn't tapered, that's absolutely terrifying. Same for MSH who also went 1:56 in the 200 free.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Actually Harvey also has the B-standard but she has a time slower than Oleksiak.

If I have the time, I'll try to do some math to see how many quotas will be leftover for OCT swimmers and see what Penny's chances are to be entered individually.

3 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Yes, I would imagine so. Like Josh said, there's no need to taper for an in season meet a month before the Olympics unless you're chasing a qualifying time. So if Kharun isn't tapered, that's absolutely terrifying. Same for MSH who also went 1:56 in the 200 free.

Actually Harvey also has the B-standard but she has a time slower than Oleksiak.

If I have the time, I'll try to do some math to see how many quotas will be leftover for OCT swimmers and see what Penny's chances are to be entered individually.

Terrifying in a good way?

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mattadders said:

Wikipedia says Oleksiak has received a B quota though OCT. Is this accurate?

A swimmer behind her in FINA points got an invitation, so Oleksiak should have as well.