website statistics

Russia-Ukraine Crisis Consequences in Sports

Totallympics

29 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Lithuania and Estonia are surely going to be boycotting, 

I truly don't understand how they are so enraged by Russian / Belarussian participation and don't condemn other "agressor" countries with "blood on their hands".

And I love how people just throw the card "IOC does not know what Olympism is all about", as some say that the Pope is not a "real catholic" and so on. 

One can just point out how Olympism has its flaws as a philiopshy without point out how it just knows all about it.

45 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

They say 11 BLRUS athletes are qualified. Do these people - one by one - fulfill IOC entry criteria? No support for the invasion, no military connection???

btw, fun fact: BLR and RUS are basically one country now , they will perform under the same flag now somehow, you must admit there is some logic in it - one country one flag heh

no idea... by my numbers:

BLR has 1 in cycling, 2 in wrestling, 1 in rowing
RUS has 2 in cylcing, 4 in wresting, 5 in athletics.

but not sure if they counted athletics and swimming on it - as it's no direct quota.

4 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

When the British Government says soon it’s not ruling out recommending a GB boycott people might finally see what might happen. People on here don’t understand how things are in the UK.

GB? the "Nation" that didn't even boycott entirely Moscow 1980? :whistle: :roflmao:

they will never have the balls to take such decision!

and stop trolling around!

we all know that you're a lost catastrophist...and nothing of what you say is going to become true.

8 minutes ago, Mateus Nagime said:

I truly don't understand how they are so enraged by Russian / Belarussian participation and don't condemn other "agressor" countries with "blood on their hands".

And I love how people just throw the card "IOC does not know what Olympism is all about", as some say that the Pope is not a "real catholic" and so on. 

One can just point out how Olympism has its flaws as a philiopshy without point out how it just knows all about it.

We're supposed to view Ukraine as a sisterly nation here,i don't know from were this idea has come from but i refuse to accept it. I see no way that a boycott will do anything for us,but stop several of our athletes,from competing in their last olympics,for some it would be a last chance at an olympic medal,and there supposed to give it op because ''hurr durr,solidarity'' Boycotting won't do shit,nevermind the fact Bhat it's not gonna happen at a huge level anyways,at most  the closest countries to Ukraine will boycott,it will make no impact,so the baltics will be left looking like clowns.I'm hoping our olympic federation has sense and understands that this is the worst possible time for us to do something like this.

Edited by Biathlonfan

4 hours ago, Biathlonfan said:

Either they might refuse to compete or in the much more entertaining case,might turn out to be a bloodbath,probably option one so the Iran/israel thing

spoiler, :RUS and :BLR athletes have alredy faced :UKR athletes in Wrestling and Judo this year...and nothing really unfair happened both on and off the mat

the only shameful episode was the :UKR Kharlan case at the Fencing Worlds last Summer...and it was just a political farce fixed in a couple of days after the social media shitstorm that hit FIE for being senselessly pro-Russian, nothing remarkable actually happened on the piste

Just now, Biathlonfan said:

We're supposed to view Ukraine as a sisterly nation here,i don't know from were this idea has come but i refuse to accept it. I see no way that a boycott will do anything for us,but stop several of our athletes,from  competing in their last olympics,for some it would be a last chance at a medal,and there supposed to give it op because ''hurr durr,solidarity'' Boycotting won't do shit,nevermind the fact that it's not gonna happen anyways,at most  the closest countries to Ukraine will boycott,it will make no impact,so the baltics will be left looking like clowns.I'm hoping our olympic federation has sense and understands that this is the worst possible time for us to do something like this.

I get it, and I can see why one or another country would boycott it (although I don't like it).  The same way as Cuba and Albania boycotted Seoul 1988 in defense of North Korea. 

Just now, phelps said:

spoiler, :RUS and :BLR athletes have alredy faced :UKR athletes in Wrestling and Judo this year...and nothing really unfair happened both on and off the mat

the only shameful episode was the :UKR Kharlan case at the Fencing Worlds last Summer...and it was just a political farce fixed in a couple of days after the social media shitstorm that hit FIE for being senselessly pro-Russian, nothing remarkable actually happened on the piste

Ok,so then no big deal if it happens