website statistics

Russia-Ukraine Crisis Consequences in Sports

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, dodge said:

People in the UK barely know what’s happening in the UK BUT sport and Russias war in Ukraine are both way, way, way down the list of priorities

There will be a “boycott” in the sense that we only send a low-ranking official to the Opening Ceremony, but the Team will go.

37 minutes ago, AsensioWillemsen said:

Any nation besides Ukraine won't boycot unless maybe when Ukraine asks them. And even then it is only maybe at best.

What I think is most problematic is that many of these Russian athletes could have doped themselves to hell and back the last years because there was no regulation whatsoever. Really helps in training. On the other hand, missing relevant international competition really sets back, so maybe it evens out.

It doesn't even out, they could have doped with whatever they wanted and noone could check it, this is huge advantage to them

My only hope is that when an European-Union NOC athlete will get gold and BLRUS athlete will get silver and/or bronze, olympic officials will not try to force/encourage them to have a photo together on the top of the podium at the end of the medal ceremony... if someone wants to do it, it is his life and his photos, but i don't want to see all these hostesses waving their hands to encourage them to stand closer to one another...

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

There will be a “boycott” in the sense that we only send a low-ranking official to the Opening Ceremony, but the Team will go.

So,basically absolutely worthless virtue signaling in the grand sheme of things,about as expected.,lovely.So can you tell your fellow countrymen to get off whatever he's on right now ?   

6 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

It be a full on boycott I suspect. Will be a way for the British Goverment to show its strength. 

1 minute ago, rafalgorka said:

Or worse.

I don't see Moscow 2036 happening yet, despite today's news :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!