website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2018 - 2019

hckošice

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Is she going to retire ?

No,but since AC is being abandoned,there goes her only discipline she can do something big. Her slalom this year is terrible,but even at her prime,she couldnt manage to enter top 20. Same goes for giantslalom. 

11 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

No,but since AC is being abandoned,there goes her only discipline she can do something big. Her slalom this year is terrible,but even at her prime,she couldnt manage to enter top 20. Same goes for giantslalom. 

Ah I understand now, you meant because of last AC. I was really surprised by your post, she is still only 29 if I´m not wrong, so at least one Olympic cycle is more than realistic.

Well, she is still a good technical events skier, her problem was the very bad BIB this season in SL which I assume is her better discipline. maybe she should reconsider her preparations program and instead try some NZL/AUS or South American trip during the summer and compete there in order to improve her FIS points, our skiers like the Žampa´s do that every summer, Adam was far behind top 30 after last season but won a couple of very limited participants level races in NZL last summer and improved his FIS points at the point he regularly started at GS and SL with bib around top 30 this whole season.

with better bibs she is able to do pretty solid results in slalom as we saw also today.

4 hours ago, hckosice said:

Ah I understand now, you meant because of last AC. I was really surprised by your post, she is still only 29 if I´m not wrong, so at least one Olympic cycle is more than realistic.

Well, she is still a good technical events skier, her problem was the very bad BIB this season in SL which I assume is her better discipline. maybe she should reconsider her preparations program and instead try some NZL/AUS or South American trip during the summer and compete there in order to improve her FIS points, our skiers like the Žampa´s do that every summer, Adam was far behind top 30 after last season but won a couple of very limited participants level races in NZL last summer and improved his FIS points at the point he regularly started at GS and SL with bib around top 30 this whole season.

with better bibs she is able to do pretty solid results in slalom as we saw also today.

Yes,she is 29,Beijing should be her last competition. 

Her slalom position last year wasnt that bad at all. Actually,her last season in slalom was probably her best one. Like i said,she was type of skier that is happy to enter 2nd round. Up until last year,her usual slalom position was just outside top 30. Ocassionaly,she would finish in 27th-30th range in 2nd round. Last season brought some changes since she finished 6th in AC and had really solid slalom season. 2018-19 season should have been that turning point,to be competitive against majority of girls. Unfortunatelly,it turned out to be her worst season. She had only one top 30 finish,was closest to qualify for 2nd round (31st) in GS,her BIB dropped from top 30 to 60+. Considering her age,its hard to expect something bigger than this (11th place).

Both Zampa brothers are better than before,but i still expect something like Albert Popov season. :)

11 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Yes,she is 29,Beijing should be her last competition. 

Her slalom position last year wasnt that bad at all. Actually,her last season in slalom was probably her best one. Like i said,she was type of skier that is happy to enter 2nd round. Up until last year,her usual slalom position was just outside top 30. Ocassionaly,she would finish in 27th-30th range in 2nd round. Last season brought some changes since she finished 6th in AC and had really solid slalom season. 2018-19 season should have been that turning point,to be competitive against majority of girls. Unfortunatelly,it turned out to be her worst season. She had only one top 30 finish,was closest to qualify for 2nd round (31st) in GS,her BIB dropped from top 30 to 60+. Considering her age,its hard to expect something bigger than this (11th place).

Both Zampa brothers are better than before,but i still expect something like Albert Popov season. :)

I would not say they are better than before, I think Adam has significantly dropped. He was a great talent when he trained with the :CRO team around Ivica, remember he entered the WC with a big bang finishing 9th in Solden GS, then at the Olympics in Sochi he was 5th in AC and 6th in this epic unforgettable hardcore "Ante Kostelic trademark" slalom 2nd run :p

but after Ivica retired he and his brother left the CRO team they are both clearly struggling with technique, repeting his previous results is just a pure Science fiction now, they both rarely made it to the 2nd runs in WC during last seasons and the fact that especially Adam started regularly to have problems with different possible and impossible injuries doesn´t really help him

now they have to always work harder during summer, sacrifice holidays and compete in south hemisphere to gain FIS points and thus believe in better bibs for next seasons,