website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Team Sizes

8 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Why archery? And Kristel Vourna shouldn't be chosen because she failed to achieve the required FINA A-cut in the 100 m butterfly.

Dimitris Dimitriou and Kristel Vourna (swimming) and Evangelia Psarra (archery) have been invited to the Games. The Greek Olympic Committee has confirmed the news. Here's the announcement (in Greek): http://www.hoc.gr/el/node/1763

No invitational quota has been granted to Greece in Javelin though. Psarra qualifies because Ivory Coast has declined the quota.

Edited by GK_23

32 minutes ago, dcro said:

Very weird, something like 12 athletes had to withdraw for him to get invited. Maybe it's another Greek mistake.

And one of the athletes that is in front of Greek is Slovakian javelin thrower. I'm sure hckosice would post as soon as he could if he got invited. :p

I think it´s just a BS.

and no. no news about any invitation for us as you know :d

27 minutes ago, GK_23 said:

Dimitris Dimitriou and Kristel Vourna (swimming) and Evangelia Psarra (archery) have been invited to the Games. The Greek Olympic Committee has confirmed the news. Here's the announcement (in Greek): http://www.hoc.gr/el/node/1763

No invitational quota has been granted to Greece in Javelin though. Psarra qualifies because Ivory Coast has declined the quota.

Really? How did it happen? And Greece can't send two swimmers if one of them fails to achieve the required A-cut. This is a complete BS. Very bad decision.

Are you sure Ivory Coast has declined the quota? The nation had just selected its archer in the women's recurve. 

21 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Really? How did it happen? And Greece can't send two swimmers if one of them fails to achieve the required A-cut. This is a complete BS. Very bad decision.

Are you sure Ivory Coast has declined the quota? The nation had just selected its archer in the women's recurve. 

Don't know what happened with Vourna, all I know is that the Greek Olympic Committee has announced that she will be a part of the team.

It seems it's the IOC that pushed towards her participation to the Games.

As for Psarra, Greek Archery federation claims that Psarra was invited after Ivory Coast declined to participate. They received the quota today.

The news regarding the javelin quota are completely inaccurate, no Greek media has reported anything about it.

Edited by GK_23

Just now, GK_23 said:

Don't know what happened with Vourna, all I know is that the Greek Olympic Committee has announced that she will be a part of the team.

As for Psarra, Greek Archery federation claims that Psarra was invited after Ivory Coast has declined to participate. They received the quota today.

The news regarding javelin are completely inaccurate, no Greek media has reported anything about it.

But Ivory Coast participated at the African Championships. This is so vague. Greece's Evangelia Psarra was just listed as reserve and the next highest-ranked archer, not yet qualified, at the Archery World Cup. 

7 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

But Ivory Coast participated at the African Championships. This is so vague. Greece's Evangelia Psarra was just listed as reserve and the next highest-ranked archer, not yet qualified, at the Archery World Cup. 

Yes, if I'm not mistaken Ivory Coast's quota should have gone to Africa. So I guess we have to assume that South Africa, Morocco, Algeria, Chad and Benin all declined the quota.

#banbestmen

50 minutes ago, GK_23 said:

It seems it's the IOC that pushed towards her participation to the Games.

As for Psarra, Greek Archery federation claims that Psarra was invited after Ivory Coast declined to participate. They received the quota today.

The news regarding the javelin quota are completely inaccurate, no Greek media has reported anything about it.

President of KOE said that this is cruel what FINA done about Vourna. Executive director FINA Cornel Marculescu said on the letter to him, after consultation with MOK, Vourna can go in Rio.