website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2022

rybak

I just saw a video of Amanda, she actually speaks Greek quite well (with an obvious accent and some minor grammatical errors though). Her real surname is Georgiadis but Tenfjord is her stage name because it's the city where she lived in Norway (she's from Ioannina, Greece and moved to Tenfjord, Norway at age 3). She didn't say anything about her mother being Norwegian so I'm not sure if that's even true.

2 minutes ago, rybak said:

I'm missing these years when Greece was represented by 100% Greek artists with traditional sounds, like it was in 2018 last time. I'm sad as Ilias Kozas (the main singer of Koza Mostra band from 2013 contest) isn't selected and he was among 5 shortlisted artists by Greek TV.

I miss the years when we would have a national final. I don't like this internal selection process. 2015 was the last year we had a real national final and it's no coincidence that our perfect qualification record ended in 2016.

Our song in 2019 was actually very well received by Europe when it was released but it didn't do as well as we expected. I don't know what you mean by "100% Greek" because Katerine in 2019 had two Greek parents and lived in Greece for many years despite being born in Canada, although she wasn't famous in Greece before Eurovision and neither was Stefania who is from the Netherlands even though her parents are both Greek also. Anyways she got Greece back to the top 10 for the first time since 2013 so I guess it was a good choice.

I agree though that it's disappointing to not send someone who is famous/popular in Greece as I think we have many good options. Also lately we always send females, maybe it's time to send a male again?

As for the traditional sounds, well the last two times we sent traditional sounds were the only two times in history that we didn't qualify (2016 and 2018) so Europeans always say on youtube that they miss our traditional sounds but then when we send them they don't vote for us :lol:

It's funny that Ilias Kozas was shortlisted because he gave an interview some years ago where he said he would never do Eurovision again so I wonder what made him change his mind. 

:MDA and :MKD are next countries which confirmed national selections to choose their entry to Eurovision 2022. North Macedonia will have national selections first time since 2015. That means that only few countries like Bulgaria, Georgia, Greece (they already published their artists) and Austria, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Germany, Poland, Russia and United Kingdom will select their entries internally.

And last post for today :d 

Here we have line-ups of selections in :AUS:CRO and :ESP 

:AUS

• Andrew Lambrou
  • Charley
  • G-Nat!on
  • Isaiah Firebrace
  • Jaguar Jonze
  • Jude York
  • Pauline Curuenavuli
  • Seann Miley Moore
  • Sheldon Riley
  • Voyager

11th addtional act will be selected through.... a TikTok contest...

Candidates were required to send a live vocal performance clip of any particular song, up to one minute long, with submissions opened until 16 January 2022

:CRO

• Mia Negovetic – „Forgive Me (Oprosti)“ 
  • Mia Dimsic – „Guilty Pleasure“ 
  • Bernarda – „Here for Love“
  • Tina Vukov – „Hideout“ 
  • Eric Vidovic – „I Found You“ 
  • Ella Oreskovic – „If You Go Away“ 
  • ToMa – „In the Darkness“ 
  • Mila Elegovic – „Ljubav“ 
  • Roko Vuskovic – „Malo Kasnije“
  • Marko Bosnjak – „Moli za Nas“ 
  • Jessie – „My Next Mistake“