website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2021

Totallympics

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

What the?! Alireza was robbed of a junior world record!!! 

and most importantly from a bronze in CJ :(

I think the lift was OK but well who I am. that could be a great result for 18 years old. hopefully he improves his Snatch , he needs that to compete for a real world medal (I mean a medal in total)

43 minutes ago, MHSN said:

and most importantly from a bronze in CJ :(

I think the lift was OK but well who I am. that could be a great result for 18 years old. hopefully he improves his Snatch , he needs that to compete for a real world medal (I mean a medal in total)

Yeah, I'm sure he's going to be one of the greatest in this sport if he keeps healthy. VERY impressive results for a 18 yo, and that lift was valid in my opinion. I don't see how his lift was turned down but Talakhadze's was accepted. Seriously. This looks like a political decision rather than a technical one, to be honest.

48 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Yeah, I'm sure he's going to be one of the greatest in this sport if he keeps healthy. VERY impressive results for a 18 yo, and that lift was valid in my opinion. I don't see how his lift was turned down but Talakhadze's was accepted. Seriously. This looks like a political decision rather than a technical one, to be honest.

he had a serious injury after the 2018 Youth Olympics (when he won the gold at the age of 15) and wasn't active in past couple of years. also survived a horrible car accident (there is a scar on his head because of that)

hopefully he stays healthy from now on.

also I have to add that 267kg CJ by Talakhadze was the best CJ ever. we had a 266kg CJ long time ago but since they changed the bodyweights couple times after that you can't see that on the record books.

so what Lasha did today was the best Snatch ever, best CJ ever and best total ever in the history of this sport :bowdown:

that was also the second best sinclair score ever. Naim Suleymanoglu still has the best sinclair ever with 500.7 when he lifted 342.5kg at 60kg bodyweight in 1988