website statistics

Wrestling UWW Junior World Championships 2021

Totallympics

4 hours ago, MHSN said:

3 out of 4 in today finals for Iran. :) which means 5 gold medals in total. US won 3 and Russia won the remaining 2.

can't remember the last time Iran winning half gold medals in a junior world championship (if it ever happened) BUT it was an experienced team, 4 of these gold medals were totally expected. only 125kg was a complete surprise.

I've watched the final of the french wrestler against the Iranian guy. It was a total annihilation, he could do nothing at all. They were 3 divisions apart...

1 hour ago, De_Gambassi said:

I've watched the final of the french wrestler against the Iranian guy. It was a total annihilation, he could do nothing at all. They were 3 divisions apart...

the Iranian Firouzpour is considered the next best thing here. (he and our 61kg guy), he is a senior level wrestler already, he would probably win a medal in Tokyo. unlucky for him we have our best senior wrestler in this weight.

I don't want to get into technical details but the way Firouzpour wrestles. (by controlling hands and using his underhook) he can dominate certain type of wrestlers. it doesn't mean they are weak, this is just a very bad matchup for guys like Magamadov.

5 hours ago, MHSN said:

the Iranian Firouzpour is considered the next best thing here. (he and our 61kg guy), he is a senior level wrestler already, he would probably win a medal in Tokyo. unlucky for him we have our best senior wrestler in this weight.

I don't want to get into technical details but the way Firouzpour wrestles. (by controlling hands and using his underhook) he can dominate certain type of wrestlers. it doesn't mean they are weak, this is just a very bad matchup for guys like Magamadov.

Your 61 kg guy is also so good. He did not give any chance to Ravinder from India. 

Men FS winners

57kg Ramazan BAGAVUDINOV  :RUS
61kg Rahman Mousa AMOUZADKHALILI :IRI
65kg Shamil MAMEDOV :RUS
70kg Erfan Mohammad ELAHI :IRI
74kg Keegan Daniel OTOOLE :USA
79kg Mohammad Ashghar NOKHODILARIMI :IRI
86kg Amirhossein Biglar FIROUZPOURBANDPEI :IRI
92kg Rocky Joseph ELAM :USA
97kg Braxton James AMOS :USA
125kg Ali Mohammadebrahim AKBARPOURKHORDOUNI :IRI

The sole :SVK representative in Freestyle Wrestling here (SVK did not send anyone in the Mens category) Zsuzsanna Molnár won Bronze in the W -68 by walkover since her opponent in the Bronze medal bout did not show up on the mat.

ldhktkqTURBXy8yYTBiM2E3Y2EzMTFkNDgyYTY0Z

It is already the 4th medal for Molnár after the silver at this years European Junior Championships in Dortmund, in 2018 she won the Youth Europeans in Skopje. She already has also a medal from seniors competition, Bronze at 2020 World Cup in Belgrade.

16 hours ago, sameerph said:

Your 61 kg guy is also so good. He did not give any chance to Ravinder from India. 

yes he already won some international notable senior medals. he was also 30 seconds away from making the Olympic team at the age of 18 but lost our 57 trials in the last seconds.

we will see what he can do in the World Championship in Norway. lots of expectations

I was curious to see what he can do against Ravinder. our lower weights wrestlers usually struggle against the toughness of Indian wrestlers. even Amouzad struggled at first but then changed tactic and scored few points.