website statistics

Wrestling Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

that quota goes to Ukraine

I mean there are two scenarios how they reallocate it. a strong one and a weak one. in this weight in both scenarios Ukraine takes it. 

and @rybak Poland is going to take the 125kg quota. I'm almost sure of it. 

UWW is probably still figuring out how to deal with some weights. that's why they didn't contact NOCs yet. but these two weights look straight forward to me.

I also thought of that. It should most likely go to :UKR Skobelka. But what would happen if Ukraine did not take this quota? How it would be reallocated??

1 minute ago, Jan Linha said:

I also thought of that. It should most likely go to :UKR Skobelka. But what would happen if Ukraine did not take this quota? How it would be reallocated??

as far as I know based on this ranking

https://arena.uww.org/weight-category/show/1eedaad3-e13f-6270-a58e-8f200b10e386/print/rankings

I think whoever updates wikipedia page on wrestling is totally out of its place imagining reallocations.

On 57kg men freestyle: AIN got a quota at world championships. IOC has not invited the athlete who won the quota (Zaur Uguev) but Nachin Mongush.

We all know this is super common in wrestling.

But on wiki, the AIN quota was reallocated (!) and AIN appears as an "additional place", apparently out of nowhere.

Anybody from :UKR or :ROU has any info Women's 68kg reallocation? 

I think it should go to :UKR Skobelska but if not, next on the list should be :ROU Anghel and if also this one is rejected then it's :CZE Hanzlickova 😃😃😃

I just wonder why her name is still on wiki, Czech team has not confirmed anything ..... But is there any possibility that the reallocation goes another way? For example, in shooting, as I was told, the reallocation goes to countries that yet haven't qualified any athlete in the certain discipline. If it went similar way, it may go to countries that yet have no athlete in this sport, as there is no Czech female wrestler qualified, only one male - Artur Omarov in GR 97. 

Just trying to consider any other possibilities as we still know nothing where the reallocations go..... 

50 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Anybody from :UKR or :ROU has any info Women's 68kg reallocation? 

I think it should go to :UKR Skobelska but if not, next on the list should be :ROU Anghel and if also this one is rejected then it's :CZE Hanzlickova 😃😃😃

I just wonder why her name is still on wiki, Czech team has not confirmed anything ..... But is there any possibility that the reallocation goes another way? For example, in shooting, as I was told, the reallocation goes to countries that yet haven't qualified any athlete in the certain discipline. If it went similar way, it may go to countries that yet have no athlete in this sport, as there is no Czech female wrestler qualified, only one male - Artur Omarov in GR 97. 

Just trying to consider any other possibilities as we still know nothing where the reallocations go..... 

It is a pity, but in 69kg quota stays for AIN as far as I know. No signs of rejection of that quota ((

But I will be happy to fail in this case )

4 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Its a pity but Hanzlickova is not going to Paris. The Russian Petliakova has got nothing against her, no quota reallocation to any country.

Wait, it can be reallocated to another athlete from the same country? Isn't wrestling a sport where you get a quota on name? Not for a country? 

1 minute ago, Jan Linha said:

Wait, it can be reallocated to another athlete from the same country? Isn't wrestling a sport where you get a quota on name? Not for a country? 

It's not Boxing. Quota goes to NOC. Anyone can be sent by NOC.

Just now, Fly_like_a_don said:

It's not Boxing. Quota goes to NOC. Anyone can be sent by NOC.

I see. Never mind. Thanks anyway. I was hoping there would be a way for Hanzlickova 😃 😞

Just now, Jan Linha said:

I see. Never mind. Thanks anyway. I was hoping there would be a way for Hanzlickova 😃 😞

I understand. For someone who came close to beating the world champion earlier this year, it's a pity to not be in Paris. She could have even medalled but it's cruel qualifying in sports like wrestling.