website statistics

Wrestling Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

23 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

I know it's not the most trustworthy place, but Wiki has us receiving both FS125 and GR130 quotas from reallocations? :mumble: Someone know where this is coming from and any truth to it?

No sign of official reallocation. Our federation today stated that it expect up to 3 more quotas for Ukraine after the AIN quotas reallocation. Thus it makes me believe that reallocation had not happen yet. At the same time I see Chumikova at Wiki - but she denied invitation.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, avlar said:

No sign of official reallocation. Our federation today stated that it expect up to 3 more quotas for Ukraine after the AIN quotas reallocation. Thus it makes me believe that reallocation had not happen yet. At the same time I see Chumikova at Wiki - but she denied invitation.

Link? 

Edited by Art Art

Those quotas reallocated according Wikipedia are sure? I think that in men's freestyle 125kg :POL Kamil Kościółek should qualified instead :BUL Alen Khubolov. Since Kamil lost in semifinal to Belarusian who will not compete and Khubolov lost to :AZE Meshvildishvili who remain qualified or I'm wrong?

I don't know who always updates wiki but according to the information there now, :CZE Adéla Hanzlickova got reallocation after Khanum Valieva was not permitted to start in women's wrestling 68kg. I was looking for some official sources but did not find anything, even Czech IOC hasn't announced anything yet .... Anybody has more info about it??

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

I don't know who always updates wiki but according to the information there now, :CZE Adéla Hanzlickova got reallocation after Khanum Valieva was not permitted to start in women's wrestling 68kg. I was looking for some official sources but did not find anything, even Czech IOC hasn't announced anything yet .... Anybody has more info about it??

that quota goes to Ukraine

I mean there are two scenarios how they reallocate it. a strong one and a weak one. in this weight in both scenarios Ukraine takes it. 

and @rybak Poland is going to take the 125kg quota. I'm almost sure of it. 

UWW is probably still figuring out how to deal with some weights. that's why they didn't contact NOCs yet. but these two weights look straight forward to me.

=========================================

oh OK, I made a mistake here, nobody takes the 68kg quota, another Russian Elizaveta PETLIAKOVA is invited to wrestle instead of Khanum Valieva

Edited by MHSN

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

that quota goes to Ukraine

I mean there are two scenarios how they reallocate it. a strong one and a weak one. in this weight in both scenarios Ukraine takes it. 

and @rybak Poland is going to take the 125kg quota. I'm almost sure of it. 

UWW is probably still figuring out how to deal with some weights. that's why they didn't contact NOCs yet. but these two weights look straight forward to me.

I also thought of that. It should most likely go to :UKR Skobelka. But what would happen if Ukraine did not take this quota? How it would be reallocated??

1 minute ago, Jan Linha said:

I also thought of that. It should most likely go to :UKR Skobelka. But what would happen if Ukraine did not take this quota? How it would be reallocated??

as far as I know based on this ranking

https://arena.uww.org/weight-category/show/1eedaad3-e13f-6270-a58e-8f200b10e386/print/rankings

I think whoever updates wikipedia page on wrestling is totally out of its place imagining reallocations.

On 57kg men freestyle: AIN got a quota at world championships. IOC has not invited the athlete who won the quota (Zaur Uguev) but Nachin Mongush.

We all know this is super common in wrestling.

But on wiki, the AIN quota was reallocated (!) and AIN appears as an "additional place", apparently out of nowhere.