website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Sub13 said:

Yea that’s right, you can. If a swimmer has an A cut they are allowed to enter one other event with a B cut if their nation doesn’t already have an entry

That's not the case. In point 2 of the OCT section of this document https://www.worldaquatics.com/competitions/paris-2024-swimming-info it states that any athlete who has achieved an OCT but also an OQT in another event will have their place reallocated to the next fastest OCT in that athletes OCT event. 

The only exception I believe to the OQT and OCT rules is that an athlete who has achieved an OCT time can enter an event that their NOC already has 1 or 2 OQT for if said NOC rejects all OQT places achieved. E.g. :GBR Joe Litchfield will be able to compete in the Men's 100m Fly in Paris despite not having the OQT because :GBR will reject Peters and Gammon's OQT quotas before the OCT and universality quotas are awarded. 

58 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

That's not the case. In point 2 of the OCT section of this document https://www.worldaquatics.com/competitions/paris-2024-swimming-info it states that any athlete who has achieved an OCT but also an OQT in another event will have their place reallocated to the next fastest OCT in that athletes OCT event. 

That's written because you can't count the same athlete twice.

1 hour ago, Jan Linha said:

Any idea when the OCT will be decided? Will it be possible to see the list somewhere? Or updates day by day? Thanks

I'm currently in the process of creating a list which estimates how many OCT quotas will be available and which athletes are eligible for them. 

5 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

I have a question about :CZE Barbora Janíčková. She did not meet OCT but she won a silver medal at ECH few days ago in 100m freestyle in her PB 54,17s. Is there any possibility that she would get an invitation?? 

Quite unlikely, there’s probably quite a few names that would be above her with that time. 

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

Quite unlikely, there’s probably quite a few names that would be above her with that time. 

So I suppose no possibility to get an invitation based on the ECH result or any other big event medal achievement, only the time, right? 

5 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

The only exception I believe to the OQT and OCT rules is that an athlete who has achieved an OCT time can enter an event that their NOC already has 1 or 2 OQT for if said NOC rejects all OQT places achieved. E.g. :GBR Joe Litchfield will be able to compete in the Men's 100m Fly in Paris despite not having the OQT because :GBR will reject Peters and Gammon's OQT quotas before the OCT and universality quotas are awarded. 

I feel like this was kind of already answered by someone else but that’s not right. Point 2 says their PLACE will be reallocated (they don’t need a place because are already entered with their OQT), but then point 10 applies which allows them to enter 1 event with an OCT.

Your interpretation doesn’t make sense because that would mean point 10 can’t possibly ever apply to anyone.