website statistics

Golf Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

Posted (edited)

According to NOS, the Dutch Olympic committee and the Golf federation will “look” if the other two may go.

I am a bit surprised by the outcome, because I remember that in the past requests like this were denied and, as a lawyer, I would think that the Olympic Committee has an enormous amount of room to set their policies. 

Edited by Noorderling29

On 7/2/2024 at 2:03 PM, Noorderling29 said:

According to NOS, the Dutch Olympic committee and the Golf federation will “look” if the other two may go.

I am a bit surprised by the outcome, because I remember that in the past requests like this were denied and, as a lawyer, I would think that the Olympic Committee has an enormous amount of room to set their policies. 

yeah, the NOC has total power. 

On 7/2/2024 at 5:28 PM, heywoodu said:

I assume Tapio Pulkkanen is the one who is going to have a very shitty evening, because Luiten has won his court case against the Dutch NOC, which is now forced to register him for the Olympics.

Aaaaand it's gone. IOC has now blocked Luiten from participating, because his spot was already filled in by someone else and they refuse to either undo that or allow the extra spot. International Golf Federation tried to get an exception with the IOC, but they refused.

Only option now seems to be CAS. All thanks to the Dutch NOC in the end.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Aaaaand it's gone. IOC has now blocked Luiten from participating, because his spot was already filled in by someone else and they refuse to either undo that or allow the extra spot. International Golf Federation tried to get an exception with the IOC, but they refused.

Only option now seems to be CAS. All thanks to the Dutch NOC in the end.

:NED and :NZL NOCs competing hard for title of worst NOC, looks like :NED is winning it this time.