website statistics

Beach Volleyball Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Don't you think this qualification via the Nations Cup is quite a pervert thing? You have to have two fairly good times and one of them is sure NOT to go to Olympics even if they jointly win the competition. What incentive does it give the "weaker" duo to support the team performance? I could imagine a crate of beer they drink later together on the beach would not necessarily do for a motivation :D And what if there has been some past between the members of the two duos? ;)

All in all I find it one of the most curious qualification processes ever;]

2 minutes ago, stratocumulus said:

Don't you think this qualification via the Nations Cup is quite a pervert thing? You have to have two fairly good times and one of them is sure NOT to go to Olympics even if they jointly win the competition. What incentive does it give the "weaker" duo to support the team performance? I could imagine a crate of beer they drink later together on the beach would not necessarily do for a motivation :D And what if there has been some past between the members of the two duos? ;)

For example in canoeing slalom in kayakcross czech federation announced who will go to Olympic despite that the place received some other athlete. There was promised these qualified athlete 100,000 CZK but not go to olympics. 

4 hours ago, stratocumulus said:

It's pretty dumb. The process only benefits large nations. It pretty much cost :VAN a spot at the Olympics a few games ago.

6 hours ago, stratocumulus said:

and the format is horrible.

#2 plays #2
#1 plays #1
in case of tie, #1 plays against #1 again? 

it makes no sense... why not #1 against #2, #2 against #1 and in case of tie, #1 against #1? 

19 minutes ago, Laraja said:

There will be a huge match between :CHI and :ARG for continental quota.

any link for streaming or live results for the south american quota?