website statistics

European Games 2019

uk12points

12 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Sambo :facepalm: 

Don't know why Olympic Channel is showing it for 2 days, what a boring sport :wall:

What is the difference between Sambo & any other kind of wrestling? As far as I can see the only one is that the athletes wear shorts rather than a leotard.

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

What is the difference between Sambo & any other kind of wrestling? As far as I can see the only one is that the athletes wear shorts rather than a leotard.

Not many as it draws from those disciplines. It’s a little more MMA like. There’s move that are legal in Sambo that are illegal in freestyle wrestling. The scoring system is different too.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Grassmarket said:

it's a mix between Judo, Wrestling and other Martial Arts and the scoring criteria are different from all the "original" sports that have been used as an inspiration to build the rules of Sambo (which was invented as a form of training for the Soviet Military Forces in the early Twenties of the 20th Century)...

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@hckosice Slovakia is on great form in the athletics competition 

Our sgtronger part starts in the first half of the event, the remaining disciplines are much much worse, we may finish dead last at the end

anyway only 10.38 for Volko, but yes, he just returned from injury and peaking his form for Dauha, however he still have to qualify there lol

I will rarely defend any Russian athletes, but the Armenian athlete just bullied the hell out of him, showed bad sportsmanship, and took cheap shots, and was awarded the sambo match. Not a good look for the sport.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela