website statistics
Men's American Football NFL 2019
Posted

I don’t know what it is, but nothing upsets me more than kids play this sport. I think it’s mostly because like racing and baseball, it teaches values I don’t agree with. I used to love racing, American Football, baseball; but now I just despise them. I know this is an odd post, but I got fired up watching some insta stories. I just can’t believe the things people get away with in these sports.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Men's American Football NFL 2019
Posted
12 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

So who here an NFL Fan? I would love to keep this thread very active during the season since its really the only thing I watch outside of Olympic sports.  

Who are your teams?

I’m a Lions fan, but I really don’t follow the season much. Professional sports don’t do it for me. Given the choice between the NFL and the SEA Games and Winter YOG this year, I’ll be choosing the later.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Auto Racing Discussion Thread
Posted
Just now, heywoodu said:

Yeah, and you'd never guess, but it wasn't even close! It might have something to do with them being the only big team in LMP1, but who knows, maybe it was a lucky hit :p 

Just waiting for the hypercar era :yes

Auto Racing Discussion Thread
Posted
1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

The WEC season opened today with the 4 hours of Silverstone and much to the surprise of absolutely nobody in the entire world, Toyota went home with a 1-2 win.

What! :yikes:

:p

Just now, dcro said:

Well, congrats Mexico, even though their team can be considered as USA B. :p

Or nowadays USA D(eported). That joke was in very bad taste and against my views, but it had to be made in 2019.

The biggest thing I miss about my trip to Vancouver (when we stayed in Surrey) is the endless daylight. It was so nice. It gets dark around 20:00-20:30 in LA during the summer. In Vancouver it gets dark at like 23:00-23:30 in the summer. Watching the games has reminded me of this.

Edited by Olympian1010

Kickboxing Discussion Thread
Posted

With a name like this, this kid wouldn’t have survived the American, British, or Australian public school systems. No wonder he became a kickboxer :p

Cricket Discussion Thread
Posted
1 hour ago, Dragon said:

First day of the Romania Cup 20-20 tournament and 2 world records

:ROU 226-6 beat :TUR 53 all out. A record 173 run victory

then

:TUR 28 all out lost to :LUX 29-2. 28 is the lowest score ever recorded in this form of international cricket

You my sir, haven’t viewed Pacific Games Cricket results :evil:. I believe, but could be wrong, that some countries lost worse there

15 hours ago, Quasit said:

@phelps

Forget Fistball. Ever heard of Tchoukball? Italy finished as silver medalist at the recent world championships (men's and women's). Very popular sport in Asia, especially Taiwan. :d 

http://www.tchoukball.org/wtc2019-m

Men's final

Forget Tchoukball, Italy has a world champion in a non-Olympic sport this week (although slightly more main stream than the other two): https://games24.totallympics.com/?p=472

Just now, NearPup said:

We actually played this a lot in high school. Probably the second most obscure sport we did (after kinball).

Well I’m going to need to know what the hell kinball is now.

My high school didn’t have to really have a Physical Education program because we were private. However in middle school we’d set up table tennis and play using the church tables. A love of table tennis is probably the one good thing Catholic school and the Catholic faith gave me (Plus none of the priest tried to sexually abuse me, so I got lucky there).

My middle school actually had a one-day multi-sports games every year :thumbup:. It would involve and Mixed 4x400m-ish, Egg and spoon relay, limbo, standing long jump, obstacle course, water bollon toss, and a few other team events/relays. It was always my favorite day every year.

Besides that most of the sports I participate in, I’ve largely had to train without a coach. I’m the only roller speed skater in my area. Most of the cyclists around here are mountain bikers. I have to drive 50 miles to my climbing gym. I do own my table tennis table though, so I have gotten recreationally good at that :d.

9 minutes ago, Quasit said:

@phelps

Forget Fistball. Ever heard of Tchoukball? Italy finished as silver medalist at the recent world championships (men's and women's). Very popular sport in Asia, especially Taiwan. :d 

http://www.tchoukball.org/wtc2019-m

Men's final

I’ve actually heard of this and watched it. I have a fettish for unloved sports :p

Just now, heywoodu said:

Not last! :woohoo:

Can't wait for the celebrations to begin :cheer: 

You guys couldn’t even beat the Spanish Netherlands :facepalm:, and lost their first three games.

1 hour ago, phelps said:

wow! 5th place in the world for Italy in a sport that I think here no more than 50 people regularly play and 100 know anything about it...

that's impressive!

They improved from the last world championship while Argentina and the United States faltered. Chile wasn’t bad, I was impressed by both them and Italy. Right now I’d say the top tier is Germany, Austria, Brazil, and Switzerland. Second tier is Italy, Chile, Argentina. Third tier is Namibia, Czech Rpublic, United States, New Zealand.

I believe there’s a strong chance Italy has qualified a team for the World Games as well :yes

I’ll write my thoughts into my finals summary later today on Totallympics Media. I will talk about 2021 World Games qualification now.

I do not have the qualification document or rules because they have not been published yet. However, I can hypothesize what teams we’ll see in Birmingham based off previous qualification methods. Now this is where it gets tricky. At the 2017 World Games, the top 6 teams at the 2015 World Championships qualified. However, Poland didn’t participate, so I’m not sure about the rules regarding host country qualification (with regards to the 10th place :USA team). Also, I’m not sure if continental qualification is thing (with regards to :NAM). So below I’ll post how I think it will go.

If the qualification system from the last games is used:

:GER

:AUT

:BRA

:SUI

:ITA

:CHI

If the qualification system includes automatic spot for host, but is still based off top 5 at world championships:

:ITA

:USA

If the Namibia performed well enough to earn a potential continental spot:

:ITA or :NAM

:CHI or :USA or :NAM

No matter what the qualification system is. I’m certain the following teams will be in Birmingham

Day 7 Results

9th Place Match

:USA 2 - 3 :CZE

7th Place Match

:ARG 3 - 0 :NAM

5th Place Match 

:ITA 3 - 1 :CHI

3rd Place Match

:SUI 0 - 4 :BRA 

Championship Match

:GER 4 - 0 :AUT

Baseball 2019 Discussion Thread
Posted

Australia really likes to fly thousands of miles to get last every year. At least one Canada always loses their first game, they generally win the second.

Baseball 2019 Discussion Thread
Posted
Just now, Topicmaster1010 said:

2019 Little League World Series

Day 1 and 2: August 15 & 16

U.S. Bracket:

:USA Rhode Island 0-3 Virginia :USA 

:USA Minnesota 2-1 Kentucky :USA 

:USA Hawaii 5-2 Louisiana :USA 

:USA Oregon 2-6 New Jersey :USA 

International Bracket:

:CUW Curacao 11-0 Australia :AUS 

:KOR South Korea 10-3 Venezuela :VEN 

:JPN Japan 20-0 Italy :ITA 

:MEX Mexico 5-0 Canada :CAN 

Tomorrow's Schedule (Loser's are Eliminated):

U.S. Bracket:

:USA Rhode Island vs. Kentucky :USA 

:USA Louisiana vs. Oregon :USA 

International Bracket:

:AUS Australia vs. Venezuela :VEN 

:ITA Italy vs. Canada :CAN 

Ah, one of my favorite events of the year.

Honestly one of the best end of summer traditions in America. All the games live on TV, and the bring our all the production stops. Plus, something stupid almost always happens.

Day 7 Tournament Advancement

9th Place Match

:USA v. :CZE

7th Place Match 

:ARG v. :NAM

5th Place Match

:ITA v. :CHI

3rd Place Match

:SUI v. :BRA

Championship Match

:GER v. :AUT

Day 6 Results

Elimination Round 3

:SUI 3 - 0 :ITA

:BRA 3 - 0 :CHI

9th-12th Semifinals

:USA 3 - 0 :NZL

:DEN 0 - 3 :CZE

President’s Cup 5th Place Match

:JPN 0 - 3 :NED (well, not least @heywoodu)

President’s Cup 3rd Place Match

:BEL 3 - 2 :AUS (great comeback for BEL)

President’s Cup Championship Match

:SRB 3 - 0 :POL

11th Place Match

:NZL 3 - 0 :DEN

Semifinals

:GER 3 - 0 :SUI

:AUT 3 - 2 :BRA (Brazil got of so close to an upset)

Just now, phelps said:

all races are live on Norwegian public channels NRK1 and NRK2, which are available in streaming (also ondemand) on their official website (provided you use a VPN)...;)

And on multiple YouTube channels about a day after the comp:yesetition 

Just now, Quasit said:

Why no sprint distance this time?

I was wondering the same thing. Middle Distance is kind of watchable. Long Distance is completely unwatchable. Sprint I’ve really enjoyed watching. Same with the relay. The sprint is the most marketable event and they left it off the program. It’s a bizarre choice to me. 

Plus, I wouldn’t watch it anyways since they expect me to pay €10 to watch it.

Tournament Advancement (and schedule for Day 6)

President’s Cup 5th Place Match (17th Place Match)

Should Be: :NED v. :JPN

President’s Cup 3rd Place Match (15th Place Match)

Should Be: :AUS v. :BEL or :SRB

President’s Cup Match (13th Place Match)

Should Be: :POL v. :SRB or :BEL

9th - 12th Place Semifinals

:USA v. :NZL

:DEN v. :CZE

11th Place Match 

Loser of USA/NZL v. Loser of DEN/CZE

Elimination Round 3

:SUI v. :ITA

:BRA v. :CHI

Semifinals

:GER v. Winner of SUI/ITA

:AUT v. Winner of BRA/CHI

Day 5 Results

Elimination Round 1

:CZE 0 - 3 :ARG

:DEN 1 - 3 :CHI

:NAM 3 - 1 :USA (:yikes: Upset!!!)

:NZL 0 - 3 :ITA

Elimination Round 2

:ARG 0 - 3 :CHI

:NAM 0 - 3 :ITA

Winners Bracket Semifinals

:BRA 0 - 3 :GER

:AUT 3 - 0 :SUI (Another Big Upset!)

President’s Cup

:SRB 2 - 3 :AUS (Another Upset!)

:NED 0 - 3 :POL

:BEL 3 - 0 :JPN

:POL 3 - 0 :JPN

:SRB 3 - 0 :NED

:AUS 0 - 3 :BEL (minor upset)