website statistics
6 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I also didnt expect a medal in mens slalom for Switzerland (of course the "absence" of Hirscher, Kristoffersen and Neureuther helped), but its not that surprising in the other events. Gut and Feuz in the downhill could have done better. I expected Shiffrin to win gold in the combined, but after seeing the so-called slalom, i wasnt surprised to see Gisin winning it.

Medals in freestlye skiing were pretty surprising for Switzerland though ...

Yeah, the only one that was expected was Fanny Smith's.

Gut should've ened up with at least 2 medals, but Gisin and Zenhäusern made up for that. Feuz I think we only expected the downhill medal, not necessarily the other one.

Hopp Suisse! Forza Italia! Go Canada Go!

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Congrats, another sensational day for Switzerland. Switzerland doing much better than expected here, especially in alpine skiing?

Well, we're doing better than planned as we have 15 medals and we foresaw 11 :clap:

That being said, I wouldn't say we're doing better in alpine skiing. We're just winning medals in disciplines where we didn't really expect any. But on the other hand, we didn't win medals where we expected so, that balances it out :yes

Snowboarding at the Winter Olympic Games 2018
Posted (edited)

Iouri Podladtchikov has withdrawn from the Olympics, his head injury not having healed enough :cry:

I think it's only a matter of time before David Hablüzel does too...

Edited by Nathy