website statistics
Judo IJF World Tour 2020
Posted
14 godzin temu, Dnl napisał:

well this is how it's going on in israel and so far i am not sure if the big eco around our judo team is for the worse a lot of time it is a chance for sponsers and fame that bring the young in to the sport which i found good thing but yes it is also a lot of stress and expectations

That is why I prefer not to expect great results, I prefer to be surprised by a good place or medal at the Olympic Games. Already four years ago they were to be the landmark Games, and it came out as usual.

Judo IJF World Tour 2020
Posted
4 minuty temu, Dnl napisał:

they realy showed that if you put your mind into somthing and have the will to do so you can achive and they truely deserved it today :clap:

It is known that one big tournament is optimistic, but I do not want to blow a balloon too much, because there will be a discussion in my country that Polish judokas must bring a bag of medals from the Olympic Games.

Judo IJF World Tour 2020
Posted
4 minuty temu, Dnl napisał:

well the polish judokas have improved a lot in this past year in today's grand slam they showed great judo and they deserved to get in those top 7

At the beginning of the year, when I read the statement of the coach of the team and the president of the association, I rubbed my eyes in amazement at what their optimism beat. And today I see that Polish judo is again beginning to mean something internationally.

Judo IJF World Tour 2020
Posted

You can say what you want, but in my opinion the results of Polish judokas have been very optimistic since the beginning of the year.
I did not think that Piotrek Kuczera and Beata Pacut would finish the competition at the Grand Slam points in Paris.

Judo IJF World Tour 2020
Posted
1 godzinę temu, phelps napisał:

being ambitious is always good...if you are not somehow ambitious, you normally don't get anything in professional sports...

overestimating the chances of your team...well, that's another story...

by the way, I think that winning a medal in Tokyo is not impossible for Poland...Kowalczyk definitely has enough talent to get it (actually, she already won a medal at the last world champs)...

I prefer to tone my ambitions, because every Olympics in Poland are hopes that these Games will be groundbreaking and we will finally win more than 10 medals. In martial arts I count on Kowalczyk to win a medal on tatami. I am also quietly counting on a surprise on the part of Dorota Banaszczyk in karate, maybe wrestlers will also get something.

Judo IJF World Tour 2020
Posted

Enjoys the good opening of the season by Karolina Pieńkowska and Anna Borowska, because fifth place for Polish judoka is already a success. I enjoy every place in the top eight, it makes me happy. Julia Kowalczyk also fought ambitiously yesterday, but she was unlucky because in the first round she ran into Eteri Liparteliani and after 9 minutes she had to recognize the superiority of Georgian.
In addition, the quick defeats of Agata Perenc and Patryk Wawrzyczek, but here I personally have no great requirements for these two.

An interesting fact is that Mirosław Błachnio (coach of the Polish team) and Jacek Zawdka (president of the Polish Judo Association) set an ambitious goal for Polish players, i.e. places 1-5 in each event they take part in, and that Poland is to bring at least one medal from the Games.

Judo 2019 Discussion Thread
Posted
6 godzin temu, ScottishJack napisał:

Terrible to see Jack Hatton passed today, a very talented young athlete with bags of potential. Always sad to see any athlete pass away. RIP Jack.

We know what was the cause of death?