website statistics
Judo
Posted
4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

52 is blocked by her sister and 63 by CBP. Where else could she realistically go?

Be serious for a moment, 52 is not really locked by Kelly, because she may not qualify if continues at this pace, and Christa would have more chance to qualify directly ... 

Judo
Posted
On 10/10/2022 at 4:44 PM, seb851 said:

Judo Canada Paris 2024 Selection Policy: JUD_P24_INP_Final_Sept_24.pdf (judocanada.org)

The rule in case if two or more athletes are allocated a quota place (like u57kg with Klimkait // Deguchi)

For now, Klimkait have 3 points vs 0 for Deguchi

If Klimkait have a better result than Deguchi in Doha World Championship, is not good news for Deguchi ... 

Why Deguchi stays in -57kg ... she makes a big mistake, again 

Judo
Posted
On 5/5/2022 at 5:52 PM, NearPup said:

FWIW Christa Deguchi confirmed in an interview w/ Radio-Canada that she’s committed through Paris 2024 at least. She mentions that she took a few months off training after failing to qualify for the Olympics but that her love for the sport has come back.

Good luck, She makes a mistake to stay 57kg category with Jessica Klimkait ... 

Judo
Posted

I was surprised to see how Klimkait managed her day, because I had big doubts after her 3rd first fight, but her semi and final fight were solid. It confirmed that she is still on her late 2019 momentum. Because outside of HSK, she has just one loss and that's against Cysique in Doha 2021.

For Christa Deguchi, in my opinion she might have a hard time keeping up with the other players in 57kg.  I was not impressed at all with her fights except her first fight against Silva which was a good fight.

Judo
Posted

Day 1 - Elimiation Rouds Result 

Kelly Deguchi : lost in first fight 

Christa Deguchi : Lost in Semi final vs Cysique, in Final Block for Bronze vs Nelson-Levy 

Jessica Klimkait : in final for Gold vs Cysique 

No men in action Todays 

For Now Jessica 1 : Crista 0 for best result for road to paris :D