Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
bestmen

Athletics 2017 Discussion Thread

Gianlu33    298

4th time of the year in 800m for :KEN Wycliffe Kinyamal, 1:43.94 in the Rovereto meeting :bowdown:

De_Gambassi    84
il y a 41 minutes, Maxim Fastovsky a déclaré:

As someone who's going to eugene few years in a row already, i have NO CLUE how they will do it there, this is a small stadium, a tiny city, i have no idea how they can accommodate all the athletes, media and fans! every year i come there i look around and i'm clueless how they will ever do it

Well, there is an expansion planned. Hoppefully, it will go according to plans 

west_grandstand_800.jpg

That would be some iconic stadium right here, albeit still small for a world championship (30K)

9 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

Well, there is an expansion planned. Hoppefully, it will go according to plans 

west_grandstand_800.jpg

That would be some iconic stadium right here, albeit still small for a world championship (30K)

The stadium looks cool.   And I did hear about it. But I really don't think this city is capable of hosting such event.  But marathon will be gorgeous.   It's just a beautiful city and area of the country 

hckosice    694

Libor Charfreitag the only Slovak European athletics champion (since the independence) officially ended his career today. He won also bronze at world championships in Osaka 2007, but the highlight of his career was the continental gold in Barcelona 2010 and this unforgettable medal ceremony when they started to play the Lightnings over the Tatras for the first ever time at a major outdoor athletics event at same time real lightnings and huge storm started around the Olympic stadium in Barcelona

bestmen    277

the World 800m champion Pierre-Ambroise Bosse says he sustained "multiple facial fractures" in a violent assault on Saturday by 3 persons

so no more races , he closed his season

what he wrote on fc

juddy96    65

2013 110mH world champion David Oliver announced his retirement, he is now director of track & field program at his alma mater, Howard University

juddy96    65

Canadian U20 record holder in heptathlon Nina Schultz is in the process of applying for Chinese citizenship to represent them going forward. Her grandmother was former HJ world record holder for China back in the 1950's

bestmen    277

who said that Moh farah becomes weak :cool:

10-09-2017  Great North Run 2017: Mo Farah wins race for fourth time

_97739274_hi041593931.jpg

heywoodu    943

Some sad news.

Hurricane Irma has claimed the life of Xavier Samuels, the coach of Kyron McMaster.

http://www.sportsmax.tv/?q=articles/2017/09/07/irma-claims-life-veteran-bvi-track-coach-dag-samuels

Jamaican triple jumper Jordan Scott (21 years old, 6th at last year's world juniors) was killed in a 'motor vehicle accident' :( 

Michael Campbell (ran the heats in the 4x100 at last month's world champs) got away with minor injuries.

http://www.sportsmax.tv/?q=articles/2017/09/10/jamaican-athlete-killed-accident-world-champs-relay-participant-also-injured