website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

Just now, dcro said:

That was the case at one WC downhill race not long ago. :p

For real? :yikes:

That must have been after the world champs when I start to lose attention :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

For real? :yikes:

That must have been after the world champs when I start to lose attention :d 

Not sure if it was this season, some women's downhill in Austria.

Oh, here it is, from last season :d https://data.fis-ski.com/dynamic/results.html?sector=AL&raceid=82726

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Not sure if it was this season, some women's downhill in Austria.

Oh, here it is, from last season :d https://data.fis-ski.com/dynamic/results.html?sector=AL&raceid=82726

Interesting, I missed that I guess :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Former slalom world champion from Are 2007, world championships silver medalist 2009 and 2 times bronze medalist. 2 World cup races winner and Vancouver 2010 olympic bronze medalist the czech best ever alpine skier Šárka Strachová (Záhrobská) announced today her retirement :( I hoped she will stay (like Zuzulová did) in the alpine skiing circuit also for the next olympic season..but unfortunately

10 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Former slalom world champion from Are 2007, world championships silver medalist 2009 and 2 times bronze medalist. 2 World cup races winner and Vancouver 2010 olympic bronze medalist the czech best ever alpine skier Šárka Strachová (Záhrobská) announced today her retirement :( I hoped she will stay (like Zuzulová did) in the alpine skiing circuit also for the next olympic season..but unfortunately

That's a very curious moment in time to retire :yikes:

• 2 weeks later...

Marc Gini says goodbye

The Veteran of the Swiss slalom team Marc Gini announced that the National Championship on Sunday will be his last race as a professional skier. The 32 year-old athlete from Graubünden is the last Swiss World Cup winner in the discipline.

Last season, Gini didn’t reach his personal goal to reintegrate the Top 30 group in slalom and re-establish himself in the World elite of the discipline, which made him take the decision to put an end to his career. “I always said I would ski as long as I considered myself capable of winning a race one more time. Being outside of the Top 30 makes this almost impossible,” explained Gini.

In November 2007, Marc Gini succeeded in the slalom on the Reiteralm to claim the longed for World Cup win. His 14 years on the World Cup Tour brought him nine further Top 10 results, the last one being a 4th place in front of his home crowd in the Lenzerheide. Unfortunately, repeated injuries interrupted his progression and he often had to fight his way back through the European Cup.

After claiming the Swiss Champion title in slalom not less than six times already, Gini chose the National Championship in Davos on Sunday to be his farewell race, before pursuing and completing his physiotherapist education started two years ago.

Joachim Puchner and Jens Byggmark have also retired :(