Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Gianlu33

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

intoronto    479
29 minutes ago, MHSN said:

that happens with blind draw without seeding. but at least they are trying to have some kind of seeding for major tournaments (Olympics and World Champs)

according to current UWW rules since 2017 in case of 6 or 7 wrestlers , we will have 2 groups and top 2 advance to the semifinal. but since YOG is a unique competition they just removed that semifinal part.

It seems like every sport at the Youth Olympics has some sort of dumb rule(s).

Btw, do you think our male athlete in 80 kg can top his group?

Olympian1010    304
1 hour ago, MHSN said:

where I can find the Olympic channel schedule ? I want to know if there is TV coverage for wrestling or not .I was counting on UWW but it seems unlike all other tournaments UWW won't have a live feed. probably because here the organizer is the IOC.

I’m sorry but there will be no wrestling broadcasted :(

MHSN    389
3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

It seems like every sport at the Youth Olympics has some sort of dumb rule(s).

Btw, do you think our male athlete in 80 kg can top his group?

Of course, anything else will be a huge surprise

and btw your wrestler is a world bronze medalist. he even has a chance for the gold

• Like 1

Olympian1010    304

So far I’ve managed to locate the following coverage from unbroadcasted events:

BMX Racing - All Heats (Amateur Video)

Rowing - Women’s Single Scull Final, Men’s Pair Final (Host TV providers)

Shooting - Mixed Team Air Rifle Bronze Medal Match (Host Tv Providers)

• Like 1

Olympian1010    304
2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

damn :( that's really a bad news for me.

our friends in UWW doesn't know that apparently

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/greco-roman-draws-schedule-and-how-watch

Well, I mean in a technical sense there will be a live feed (like every event) the Olympic Channel has just chosen not to broadcast wrestling. Your sport is just not urban enough :(

intoronto    479

9 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Of course, anything else will be a huge surprise

and btw your wrestler is a world bronze medalist. he even has a chance for the gold

He was fifth this year in the cadet worlds, so hopefully he can challenge for gold, but a medal would be nice, would be the first male Canadian wrestler to win a medal at the Youth Olympics.

MHSN    389
3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

He was fifth this year in the cadet worlds, so hopefully he can challenge for gold, but a medal would be nice, would be the first male Canadian wrestler to win a medal at the Youth Olympics.

actually he is now a bronze medalist. the Russian gold medalist failed the drug test.

btw I watched a quick match of him. now I don't think he can win the gold. but he is definitely better than the Algerian kid.

PS: Iran also qualified in this weight but since the kid lost the final to this Russian kid in a very stupid way in last seconds and pissed off the coaches. they decided to pick up 65kg instead which was a mistake IMO.

• Like 1

intoronto    479
25 minutes ago, MHSN said:

actually he is now a bronze medalist. the Russian gold medalist failed the drug test.

btw I watched a quick match of him. now I don't think he can win the gold. but he is definitely better than the Algerian kid.

PS: Iran also qualified in this weight but since the kid lost the final to this Russian kid in a very stupid way in last seconds and pissed off the coaches. they decided to pick up 65kg instead which was a mistake IMO.

*Pretends to be shocked 

• Haha 2

nitinsanker    62

really pointless mixed NOC team event in shooting :facepalm:................................  irritated by the concept ..... the strongest shooters are paired with the weakest shooters from the other gender and  lose in the first round  ......... it is a punishment for winning a medal.............................. can somebody tell me what is the point 

i think they should pair the shooters of the same country together and if there is no opposite gender representative have a mixed NOC team ( the way they are doing in TT )

nitinsanker    62

half way through the YOG 

Impressions - 

Loved - vibe of beunos aires venues and the city itself ........ seems a cool place to be @LDOG ( you lucky Dog )

Loved - Sports climbing - the event is a joy to watch and the athleticism of the climbers is something to see 

Loved - Breaking ...... was jaw dropping at times and just so much fun...... loved the youthful vibe 

Loved - BMX mixed again a great addition , it had me at the edge of my seat 

Loved - Hockey 5s - so much more interesting than the standard hockey , found the dribbling skills and field skills so important compared to the normal hockey which seems to overemphasize penalty corners 

Hated - Futsal - not something I enjoyed watching  ... did not have the theatre of football 

Hated - Basketball 3s - took a visual delight and cut it in half 

Hated - Mixed NOC events in most sports did not see the point of it .....allow mixed gender teams from the same country if they are already there 

Hated - The athetics modification into stages and combinations - atheletics is already the creme of any multi-event and the most watched ........ why change perfection