website statistics

Croatia National Thread

dcro

1 minute ago, prso1000 said:

Personally I think it is too late. Our athletes are really bad anyway and without preparation it will be a joke. 

Last place with min 50kg less than otherd

No, he will not finish last. Being our best lifter he could get a half-decent result.

The main point is that we will have another sport in Rio, what is good, especially for a sport in which our Olympic medal winning performances in 2000 and 2004 were followed by two Olympics with zero Croatian weightlifters. Who knows, maybe that in combination with hosting European Championships next year could bring a brighter future in this sport.

#banbestmen

vor 2 Stunden schrieb dcro:

No, he will not finish last. Being our best lifter he could get a half-decent result.

The main point is that we will have another sport in Rio, what is good, especially for a sport in which our Olympic medal winning performances in 2000 and 2004 were followed by two Olympics with zero Croatian weightlifters. Who knows, maybe that in combination with hosting European Championships next year could bring a brighter future in this sport.

i disagree, i would not send him (who ever he is), but i guess it will be music or vukovic

he is just not competitive

Edited by prso1000

7 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

i disagree, i would not send him (who ever he is), but i guess it will be music or vukovic

he is just not competitive

Well, I strongly disagree with everyone who states that Olympics are "too cool" for regular athletes. Difference between Olympics and World championships is that qualifying for the Olympics is harder (especially in sport like weightlifting where World championships are open to everyone), and yet those who make the Olympics get criticized. They earned this spot (it wasn't a random pick) and they deserve to send one athlete. Just like Starčević got his reallocated quota.

Amar Musić will be going in -85kg.

#banbestmen

Our men's basketball team lost a friendly game against Argentina 78:97 in Cordoba.

Today 65 members of Croatian delegation arrived in Rio. Among athletes, coaches and other members of our delegation are our handball and water polo teams, and athletes in rowing, sailing, shooting, gymnastics, cycling, Ana Konjuh in tennis, Andrej Gacina in table tennis, Barbara Matic in judo, Mario Tododorvic in swimming.

I'm very happy that we have athlete in weightlifting in Rio.

Before qualification period I was hoping that we might qualify in badminton and canoeing, but it didn't happen.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Crolympic:

Before qualification period I was hoping that we might qualify in badminton and canoeing, but it didn't happen.

Me too. If I'm not mistaken there are still nine of the current Olympic sports in which we have yet to qualify since independence (Archery, Badminton, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Modern Pentathlon, Rugby sevens, Synchronized Swimming and Triathlon). Qualification in (men's) Football can always happen, but is pretty tough, since only a few Europeans qualify and our under-21 team has never been quite successful. I am not too enthusiastic about the Olympic football tournament anyway. In badminton we had some good female junior players. Maybe Sutara or someone else will progress to be good enough in the future. In Archery and Synchronized swimming we were not that far away from qualification this time.

I guess qualification in Weightlifting is also kind of new, since I think we have had no one else than naturalized Pesalov qualified before.

Does anyone know when the draws in Boxing, Judo, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Tennis and Table Tennis will be made?