website statistics

European Championships 2022

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

Oh, wait... Hosszú is OUT in 400 IM. :yikes: Welp, that's that, hopefully Mihályvári or Jakabos can win 400 IM now that they eliminated Hosszú. 

don't worry, it's an easy 1-2 for HUN in the women's 400m IM...

for what concerns Milak, it's not a problem, as the 100m fly semi is after the 100m free final...and Milak would qualify for the final even with just 1 arm...I mean, with a 51.5 the top 8 is more than safe...

I am amazed at how much the Hungarian broadcast is like during the Summer Games. I mean, they are completely all-in on this event, to the point where they randomly start airing live a table tennis women's doubles match in the Round of 64, after which they showed para rowing. These are matches/events you would NEVER ever see live on Hungarian TV if they wouldn't have combined the European Championships into this multi-sport thing. 

Just now, Vektor said:

I am amazed at how much the Hungarian broadcast is like during the Summer Games. I mean, they are completely all-in on this event, to the point where they randomly start airing live a table tennis women's doubles match in the Round of 64, after which they showed para rowing. These are matches/events you would NEVER ever see live on Hungarian TV if they wouldn't have combined the European Championships into this multi-sport thing. 

same here...you never see sport climbing or triathlon on our tv...but this time they get a lot of TV time...

still, I'd like to have a better organization (and most times better broadcasters) by our tv, they always make a mess in their coverage...

I rarely watch rowing so it kinda shocked me that there were only TWO boats in the non-Olympic lightweight event. We could have entered a Hungarian boat with 4 random lightweight guys and we would have the bronze. :d Wtf is the point of this event if almost no one wants to participate? 

by the way, I have to say that maybe our friend @heywoodu is really right about the rules in the sport climbing's lead...

they should really use the time as tie-breaker...

you just can't have 4 people tied and determine the 2 going forward to the final based just on the previous round's result...

as I wrote earlier, I know why they're doing it, but it's too unfair to the athletes...they must change the rules, especially now that they're an Olympic sport and have more media coverage and average audience than before...

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

I rarely watch rowing so it kinda shocked me that there were only TWO boats in the non-Olympic lightweight event. We could have entered a Hungarian boat with 4 random lightweight guys and we would have the bronze. :d Wtf is the point of this event if almost no one wants to participate? 

well, a few years ago it wasn't like that...all the lightweights categories used to have a decent number of participants (and there was a full 6 boat program, Eights included)...

right now, instead, 99% of teams only focus on the olympic classes...and if they really screw the LW doubles from the olympic games, the whole LW category is going to die (except for singles and double sculls, only ITA and GER still have some depth in the LW category)...

I think in the next few years they're just going to cancel these events, as they did with others, which aren't in the program anymore...

It’s all about funding. The national federations have to focus everything on the Olympics to justify the grants they receive 

The singles is used as a rep for the third choice double sculler but the pairs and fours that used to have quite a few entries are now effectively done

15 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I guess my "plan" wasn't as smart as I thought. Only the Italians are getting medals for this event, so we couldn't have entered some randos to win the bronze. 

22 minutes ago, Vektor said:

It’s basically the leftovers from the lightweight four.  Some nations :DEN :IRL make the LW 4 a big focus.