website statistics
Jump to content

Men's Baseball MLB 2020


Recommended Posts

Will the AL still use the designated hitter though? If so, that gives AL even a bigger advantage in home inter-league games.

 

AL leads NL in inter-league season records 17-6 :wacko:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's finally opening day! So let me get in on the predictions as well.   A.L East   x's mark playoff teams   1. Yankees (x): Should be clear division favourites. Added ar

it looks that this proposal was immediately taken with great enthusiasm by players...   https://nypost.com/2020/02/10/trevor-bauer-destroys-rob-manfred-over-radical-mlb-postseason-proposal/

Here are my predictions:   AL EAST Yankees Rays Red Sox Blue Jays Orioles   AL CENTRAL Indians Twins White Sox Royals Tigers 

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Will the AL still use the designated hitter though? If so, that gives AL even a bigger advantage in home inter-league games.

 

AL leads NL in inter-league season records 17-6 :wacko:

 

 

The DH isn't going away anytime soon.  Much more likely it gets adopted by the NL before the AL gets rid of it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

The DH isn't going away anytime soon.  Much more likely it gets adopted by the NL before the AL gets rid of it.

 

yeah, that's the problem...

 

hope it's never gonna happen, anyway...

 

long live the NL (without the DH)...:cheer:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, phelps said:

 

yeah, that's the problem...

 

hope it's never gonna happen, anyway...

 

long live the NL (without the DH)...:cheer:

It's coming.  Potentially in the next few years.  Get ready to embrace it.  What will we ever do without pitchers hitting!?:yes

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

It's coming.  Potentially in the next few years.  Get ready to embrace it.  What will we ever do without pitchers hitting!?:yes

 

gonna watch a lot more Central League games of the Japanese NPB (they are not going to use DH...never...we can be sure of that)...:lol:

Edited by phelps
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hot take: Man, Astros fans are so far gone right now. They keep playing the victim card (notably like Russian fans), and it’s so annoying. Your team was harassing women reporters, then stealing other teams signs, and then held a press conference talking about the cheating wasn’t bad “since it didn’t effect the game”. If it were up to me, the Astros ought to be banned from playing next year. I’m so tired of these Astros fans complaining about unfair treatment. 

Edited by Olympian1010
  • Like 1

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Hot take: Man, Astros fans are so far gone right now. They keep playing the victim card (notably like Russian fans), and it’s so annoying. Your team was harassing women reporters, then stealing other teams signs, and then held a press conference talking about the cheating wasn’t bad “since it didn’t effect the game”. If it were up to me, the Astros ought to be banned from playing next year. I’m so tired of these Astros fans complaining about unfair treatment. 

If I were the commissioner, I would have them banned from the postseason for 2-3 years, similar to Man City’s punishment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like typical off-season drama. Baseball is way too sensitive anyway. Who cares about all the "unwritten rules" crap in first place? Then some fighting during games and all the bad talk. Wasn't it Ty Cobb who said "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying"? The Astros deal just falls in line with decades of foul play within this sport. I'm sorry but everyone who preaches high morals now is just a prisoner of the moment. Baseball was as dirty as the proverbial spitball. Move on, people!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Seems like typical off-season drama. Baseball is way too sensitive anyway. Who cares about all the "unwritten rules" crap in first place? Then some fighting during games and all the bad talk. Wasn't it Ty Cobb who said "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying"? The Astros deal just falls in line with decades of foul play within this sport. I'm sorry but everyone who preaches high morals now is just a prisoner of the moment. Baseball was as dirty as the proverbial spitball. Move on, people!

I’m not a baseball fan, and won’t pretend to be one. I’m just not okay with these Astros fans played the victim card. They’re not victims. Your team cheated, and failed horribly at their attempt to apologize. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m not a baseball fan, and won’t pretend to be one. I’m just not okay with these Astros fans played the victim card. They’re not victims. Your team cheated, and failed horribly at their attempt to apologize. 

 

What do you expect them to do? Everyone should stop being an Astros fan because of sign stealing? Damn, then why White Sox still have fans after their team threw the World Series all those decades ago? :p  One thing I learned about Americans is that they never sit quiet and do what other people tell them to do. Quite frankly I expect Astros fans to play the "me vs the world" card for the next 10 years now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...