website statistics

Parapan American Games 2019

vinipereira

19 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I honestly didn’t think anyone would be ahead of the USA in the medal count so good for Brazil. I have noticed that a few of our top Paralympic talents have skipped games, just like our top athletes during the Pan Ams. At least we’re consistent to our formula :p

Brazil is very good at the Parapan American Games and tops the medal table since 2007, and we're also successful at the Paralympics (top 10 since 2008), so I expected this. Some USA top athletes skipped Swimming, mostly, but even so they're doing fine.

13 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Brazil is very good at the Parapan American Games and tops the medal table since 2007, and we're also successful at the Paralympics (top 10 since 2008), so I expected this. Some USA top athletes skipped Swimming, mostly, but even so they're doing fine.

Athletics has a lot of “skippers” too. NBC has been giving more air time to the Paralympics recently (All Events were broadcast in full during Pyeongchang). Plus, we recently combined our Olympic Committee and Paralympic Committee into one organization for better or worse. With all that, I think the profile of Para-Sport will rise in the US hopefully. I think it’s a great idea, and I’m a big advocate for inclusion and para-sport.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Men's Wheelchair Basketball semifinals (top 3 qualify for Tokyo):

:CAN vs :COL

:USA vs :ARG

Women's Wheelchair Basketball semifinals (top 2 qualify for Tokyo):

:CAN vs :BRA

:USA vs :ARG

Most likely Canada and USA will qualify in both tournaments, with Argentina and Colombia fighting for the third spot in Men's.