website statistics

Parapan American Games 2019

vinipereira

I’ve never seen Wheelchair Tennis played on a clay court before. This could be interesting...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

World Record for :BRA in one of the shot put events. It was on his third throw and he’s finished at the halfway mark. He seems to think he’ll be the only throwing that far today. I’d say he’s right, so good choice to conserve energy.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Silver for :ECU in men’s T11 (blind) 5000m @hckosice

He just got the gold medal at the medal ceremony. It appears first place was DQ’d. Gold for :ECU then @hckosice

Just now, vinipereira said:

"Strange" situation at the 5000m T13 event where the brazilian guide couldn't handle the pace, while the athlete himself was in much better shape and probably would have finish better than third :zip:

At least he won a medal.

Well you’re allowed two guides for a reason. That’s the federations fault

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Well you’re allowed two guides for a reason. That’s the federations fault

For sure, and this kind of situation where the guide screw up has happened in the past with brazilian athletes. But I guess it's hard/expensive enough to find so many good guides to avoid this.