website statistics

Biathlon IBU Junior & Youth World Championships 2020

Totallympics

3 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

@Werloc  Dinda really struggled with the stand.  I am sorry.

The US is surprising me.  Also, something happened to the Swiss.  I am pretty sure the Greeks have been lapped, but there must have been an injury or broken equipment that caused them to pullout during the first leg. Keller and the Swiss are now listed as DNF by the 7.1 KM mark.

That was not a biathlete on the shooting range, he was not thinking at all.

He hit the first target, then rapid fired the next 4 missing all of them. You can stop, adjust your sights, adjust your position, anything. He just went rapid fire 'whatever' mode and then even missed everything with the spare rounds. I don't know if he himself knows what he was doing there, but yeah. 

47 minutes ago, Werloc said:

That was not a biathlete on the shooting range, he was not thinking at all.

Same thing for the 3rd US biathlete, not a good last shooting.  

The Youth female is closer than the Youth male was.  Norway once again in the lead.  Lots of teams so far have avoided the penalty loop.  The US is 0+4 after 5 shoots, but are 5:38 behind.  Just slow on the skis.

On 29/01/2020 at 09:55, RobtheAggie said:

We had another DQ, this time it was Ukraine.  

Catherine Beh in the prone had four penalties, but instead to go to the penalty loop, she used the fourth spare. This led to the disqualification of the entire Ukrainian team.

In the Youth Men another Russian with the gold as Kovalev takes the win.  The Czech's get the silver and Maxime Germain of the US :yikes: got the Bronze!  In fact if you look at the top 10, there were 2 Americans, a New Zealander, a Belorussian, two Norwegians, a Slovenian, French Czech and a Russian.  Great diversity and 18 within 1 min of the leader.  In fact the top 33 are all within 90 seconds of the top.  This could create a very interesting pursuit.