website statistics

Central American and Caribbean Games 2018

Olympian1010

3 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Today it was announced that in total 34 events have been cancelled, due to lack of participation of at least 5 NOC's. This also means that Water Ski has been removed from the program.

In many of those, Mexico and the hosts had good prospects to medal, and hasn't been uncommon in the past two editions that other countries (other than Mexico) have removed or not entered their athletes on purpose to hurt their main rivals chances.

Anyway, here's the list of the events that were removed, althoughI'm missing one of the events, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Aquatics - Diving (2) Women's 3m Synchronized Springboard & Women's 10m Synchronized Platform.

Athletics (5): Men's Marathon, Men's 50km Race Walk,  Women's 10,000m, Women's 3,000m Steeplechase & Women's 20km Race Walk

Canoeing (3): Women's K4 500m, Women's C1 200m & Women's C2 500m

Cycling - Track (1): Women's Team Sprint

Gymnastics- Rhythmic (1): Team Event

Gymnastics- Trampoline (1): Women's Synchronized

Modern Pentathlon (2): Women's Relay & Mixed Relay

Roller Sports - Figure Inline Skating (1): Women's Individual Dance

Rowing (1): Women's Pair

Sailing (2): Women's Windsurf & Mixed Lightning Class

Shooting (1): Mixed Trap

Taekwondo - Poomsae (1): Mixed Pairs

Water Skiing (6): Men's Figures, Men's Slalom, Men's Wakeboard, Women's Figures, Women's Slalom & Women's Wakeboard

Weightlifting (6): Men's 77kg Snatch, Men's 77kg Clean & Jerk, Women's 90kg Snatch, Women's 90 Clean & Jerk, Women's +90kg Snatch & Women's +90kg Clean & Jerk.

Six weightlifting events :(

The 50k :cry:

Luckily there's no interest for mixed trap, that's a good first signal towards getting rid of that bullcrap :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Dunadan said:

You'll get rid of it in the next Olympic cycle, when it will be replaced by mixed skeet :lol:

I swear I'm gonna trap and skeet something if they do that :mad:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

It is possible that the games will be streamed in Mexico by Claro Sports, but nothing is confirmed yet.

Well, I know it will be streamed in the US on ESPN 3, but I am curious to know about other live streams since ESPN 3 won’t show everything.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

16 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, I know it will be streamed in the US on ESPN 3, but I am curious to know about other live streams since ESPN 3 won’t show everything.

Claro has livestream of major sport competitions, even if they don't take place in Mexico. But probably they will announce their coverage a week before the games.

Panam Sports
‏@PanamSports
CONFIRMADO!

Shakira será la Gran Artista que estará presente en la Ceremonia Inaugural de los Juegos Centroamericanos y del Caribe #barranquilla2018 

CONFIRMED!

Shakira will be the great artist who will sing at the opening ceremony of the Central American and Caribbean Games

52 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Panam Sports
‏@PanamSports
CONFIRMADO!

Shakira será la Gran Artista que estará presente en la Ceremonia Inaugural de los Juegos Centroamericanos y del Caribe #barranquilla2018 

CONFIRMED!

Shakira will be the great artist who will sing at the opening ceremony of the Central American and Caribbean Games

Yep, Barranquilla’s social media accounts and official website confirmed it

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela