10. Merkushyna :UKR (0) +1:18.1

11. Braisaz-Bouchet :FRA (3) +1:32.0

12. Knotten :NOR (1) +1:37.9

——————————-

38. Lien :NOR (4) +2:42.9

45. Chevalier Anais :FRA (4) +3:13.7

40 minutes ago, phelps said:

Elvira Öberg looks in great shape on her skis...:yikes:

on the other hand, her shooting looks like it still needs some fixing...:whistle:

Elvira Oeberg is my pick for a real breakthrough this season. Won't be surprised if she wins multiple races this winter.

I see the Swiss have finally decided to unleash the Baserga talent among the seniors? I believe the junior hype might have been somewhat premature though?

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Elvira Oeberg is my pick for a real breakthrough this season. Won't be surprised if she wins multiple races this winter.

I see the Swiss have finally decided to unleash the Baserga talent among the seniors? I believe the junior hype might have been somewhat premature though?

How were the conditions in Idre? Simon was over 2 minutes faster in Sjusjeon at Deep Snow conditions. With the Swedes, it will also be a question of whether they are dominant at the start of the season, similar to last year, and break down towards the Olympics or not.

Sjusjeon

1 Bakken :NOR (0)

2 Bogtveit :NOR (1) +9.5

3 Bö T :NOR (1) +10.6

4 Dale :NOR (0) +13.5

5 Bjontegaard :NOR (0) +17.2

6 Fillon Maillet :FRA (1) +19.7

7 Christiansen :NOR (0) +21.5

8 Jacquelin :FRA (2) +23.5

9 Desthieux :FRA (1) +33.6

10 Botn :NOR (1) +36.8

——————

20 Laegreid :NOR (1) +1:10.5

5 hours ago, JonPhi said:

How were the conditions in Idre? Simon was over 2 minutes faster in Sjusjeon at Deep Snow conditions. With the Swedes, it will also be a question of whether they are dominant at the start of the season, similar to last year, and break down towards the Olympics or not.

Really can't compare these things, since some tracks have more climbing, some have more downhills, different approaches to turns that can kill speed and all that stuff. What you can do mostly is look at who is beating who, basing a lot of your info on previous seasons. As an example, Giacomel looks really improved if he took second place after Samuelsson and didn't lose too much seconds either. 

1 hour ago, Werloc said:

Really can't compare these things, since some tracks have more climbing, some have more downhills, different approaches to turns that can kill speed and all that stuff. What you can do mostly is look at who is beating who, basing a lot of your info on previous seasons. As an example, Giacomel looks really improved if he took second place after Samuelsson and didn't lose too much seconds either. 

actually, I'm scared by Giacomel's race...he was basically on the same time as Samuelsson after the second shooting and lost 10 to 20 seconds in the last lap against almost every other competitor, he did even lose 5 secs against the top Romanian guy, not exactly known because of his ski speed...

the rest of the men's team so far is really well behind the expected standard, but we're used to slow start of the season, so, the alarm is not on, yet...

on the other hand, Wierer doesn't look in top shape (neither on the skis nor at the shooting range, at least in the prone position, where she was quite slow for her standards and still missed 1 target), meanwhile Vittozzi did look quite good in the skiing part (but she still is not safe enough in the prone shooting)...

the rest of the girls...well, they are where we expect they would be...coming home well after the fat lady has finished singing...:facepalm:

Sjusjeon Mass Start Women

1 Tandrevold :NOR (0)

2 Chevalier C :FRA (1) +19.4

3 Erdal :NOR (0) +26.1

4 Braisaz-Bouchet :FRA (3) +28.9

5 Chevalier-Bouchet A :FRA (2) +40.0

6 Bescond :FRA (2) +41.2

7 Simon :FRA (4) +45.2

8 Davidova :CZE (2) +47.8

9 Roeiseland :NOR (4) +1:08.4

10 Kalkenberg :NOR (2) +1:13.4