website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

10 minutes ago, rohan sharma said:

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/united-world-wrestling-announces-reinstatement-of-olympic-qualifiers

All National Olympic Committees previously granted Olympic qualification spots will not be impacted by this adjustment. 

No change in Olympic Quota

Edited by sanjaydas

13 minutes ago, rohan sharma said:

XVI GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA SENIOR 2016
1 - Mens Freestyle
Sandeep Tomar (56 KG) - Silver
Narsingh Yadav (74KG) - Bronze
Yogeshwer Dutt finish 7th 65KG
2 - Mens Greco Roman 
Ravinder still have to play his match in 85KG
3 - Female FreeStyle
Babita , Sakshi , Vinesh will play their match tomorrow

How did Yogi bhai lose out, gives tremors but he must not have exerted fully like Narsingh yadav

Edited by sanjaydas

http://sportsdemo1.gracenote.com/documentation/vmt

Another prediction site, another set of laughable results...

5 medals for India - 1 Gold, 1 Silver, 3 Bronze - seems pretty reasonable at first glance...

But then u go deeper, and the GOLD is in Tennis Mixed Doubles and Silver to the men's hockey team, and no medal in shooting :lol::roflmao::rofl:

Edited by kapil857

1 hour ago, sanjaydas said:

How did Yogi bhai lose out, gives tremors but he must not have exerted fully like Narsingh yadav

That is an excuse. Why did they play if they did not want to exert enough to win.

Those were two disappointing losses. Narsingh Yadav lost to Cuban Livian Lopez whom he had destroyed in the world championships. Yogeshwar Dutt lost to another Cuban Bonne who is basically a 57Kg wrestler. He got beaten in next round by a  Mongolian wrestler whom Yogi had beaten earlier.

Raises questions on their preparation for Rio.

Edited by sameerph

7 minutes ago, sameerph said:

That is an excuse. Why did they play if they did not want to exert enough to win.

Those were two disappointing losses. Narsingh Yadav lost to Cuban Livian Lopez whom he had destroyed in the world championships. Yogeshwar Dutt lost to another Cuban Bonne who is basically a 57Kg wrestler. He got beaten in next round by a  Mongolian wrestler whom Yogi had beaten earlier.

Raises questions on their preparation for Rio.

Calm down...these tournaments are for the players, not for the public. They are to be used as warm-ups in whichever way the athlete sees fit. May be they are trying new things, may be they just dont wanna show their full cards. Dont analyze them as the results mean nothing...

I know is is not right over analyse and conclude that their medal potential has reduced or anything which I am not saying. I am only saying that we cannot totally ignore these results by saying that they did not exert themselves fully ( while assuming that their opponents did so.). It does provide some signals which are not  good. Hopefully they will use this to correct whatever deficiencies they found.

If it would have other way around and Yogeshwar had won a gold here beating world championships medallists on the way, I am sure everyone ( including me) would have been quick to say how he is now a sure fire medal winner at Rio and a gold contender.

4 minutes ago, sameerph said:

I know is is not right over analyse and conclude that their medal potential has reduced or anything which I am not saying. I am only saying that we cannot totally ignore these results by saying that they did not exert themselves fully ( while assuming that their opponents did so.). It does provide some signals which are not  good. Hopefully they will use this to correct whatever deficiencies they found.

If it would have other way around and Yogeshwar had won a gold here beating world championships medallists on the way, I am sure everyone ( including me) would have been quick to say how he is now a sure fire medal winner at Rio and a gold contender.

Understood. But India had won the Azlan Shah tournament but lost poorly in the Olympics. You should not open all your cards right before the Olympics. Like Narsingh Yadav may meet his Cuban opponent in the Olympics. Just as India fared poorly in the hockey tournament in Spain; you must have noticed that India came back from behind to score in all games. probably that was what they were trying out.

‪#‎Athletics‬
Germany & Romania have pushed India to 14th place in 4*400m female
In Mens 4*400 Relay-Czech team may push them down by a place but still reasonably in their own hands..3:03:00 will seal it

nowit look tough for 4*100 female & 4*400 mens

Edited by rohan sharma

Today and tomorrow very important day for our athlets, what will be the final figure. How ever what our sports person has achived so far, is already a great achievement. 111 is already a big achievement for us, it has already open the flood gates of golden future for us. Best of luck to all Indian athlets trying for getting quota in athletics, I hope they will give their best.