website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

Update from the Australian Open Super series 

Sameer Loses in 3 sets to Anthony Ginting in a close match ...................

Kidambi crushes Kuncoro in 2 sets ...Kidambis mysterious form seems to be returning 

Tanvi lad loses to Wang Yihan as expected in two sets 

Sainas match yet to happen 

On a Non Indian note ...Inthanon seems to be in awesome form and if saina wins she will face Intanon in the quarters :(....................

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

@gvaisakh    The next two weeks are critical for olympic qualification for :IND-   events from 9th june to 20 June to my knowledge ..request you to update first page 

Rio Qualification ( Few  crucial events coming up ) :fingers:- key events 

:fingers: Archery 13th to 18th - Olympic  team qualifier at antalya - Key event for our mens team - Hoping for mens team to qualify 

:fingers: Boxing 16th to 25th - key event for our mens boxers - Hoping for at least 3 qualifiers 

Atheletics -  ( I do not have any confirmation that Indians are participating  but I think they are likely to ) 

• Janusz Memorial at poland -18th June 
  • IAAF world challenge at Bra - 19th Jun

Swimming - 11-12th FINA Olympic Marathon Swim Qualifier ( top 10 in each gender qualify we have 3 swimmers in men and no women I think ) - Coming in the top 10 may be quite difficult 

Rio preparation 

Badminton - Australian open 7th to 12th June - Srikant and Saina are in action here 

Shooting - ISSF world cup - San Marino _ the entire team barring a few of our olympic quota holders are here 

Tennis - We will have some of our doubles pairs preparing for wimbledon here 

• Ricoh open -6th to 12th - Bopanna/ Mahut are top seeds in the doubles and have reached the round of 16 ( Edit -  QF) 
  • Halle Open - 13th to 19th June  - Grass 
  • Aegon open 13th to 19th - Key grass preperation for wimbledon 

Golf - Fedex classic 9-12th June , Us Open 16-19th  ( again I am not sure but surely we will have participation in the US open with Anirban  ) 

Hockey -  champions trophy - 10-17 June - May help in improving ranking

Do add any others - 

@tirtha22@gvaisakh

@juddy96@Prashanth@Suneet@Partha_SG @RickygoestoRio@Sanjib@Smit@Prakash@sasidhar@kapil857@Dolby@shrikant

@Harsh Shah 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

2 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

@gvaisakh    The next two weeks are critical for olympic qualification for :IND-   events from 9th june to 20 June to my knowledge ..request you to update first page 

Rio Qualification ( Few  crucial events coming up ) :fingers:- key events 

:fingers: Archery 13th to 18th - Olympic  team qualifier at antalya - Key event for our mens team - Hoping for mens team to qualify 

:fingers: Boxing 16th to 25th - key event for our mens boxers - Hoping for at least 3 qualifiers 

Atheletics -  ( I do not have any confirmation that Indians are participating  but I think they are likely to ) 

• Janusz Memorial at poland -18th June 
  • IAAF world challenge at Bra - 19th Jun

Swimming - 11-12th FINA Olympic Marathon Swim Qualifier ( top 10 in each gender qualify we have 3 swimmers in men and no women I think ) - Coming in the top 10 may be quite difficult 

Rio preparation 

Badminton - Australian open 7th to 12th June - Srikant and Saina are in action here 

Shooting - ISSF world cup - San Marino _ the entire team barring a few of our olympic quota holders are here 

Tennis - We will have some of our doubles pairs preparing for wimbledon here 

• Ricoh open -6th to 12th - Bopanna/ Mahut are top seeds in the doubles and have reached the round of 16 ( Edit -  QF) 
  • Halle Open - 13th to 19th June  - Grass 
  • Aegon open 13th to 19th - Key grass preperation for wimbledon 

Golf - Fedex classic 9-12th June , Us Open 16-19th  ( again I am not sure but surely we will have participation in the US open with Anirban  ) 

Do add any others - 

@tirtha22@gvaisakh

@juddy96@Prashanth@Suneet@Partha_SG @RickygoestoRio@Sanjib@Smit@Prakash@sasidhar@kapil857@Dolby@shrikant

@Harsh Shah 

Hockey Champions Trophy London 10 - 17 June , 2016

American coach and technical director of IBC, Joe Clough, yesterday talked about how he has found the next Floyd Mayweather in Punjab – a 75-kg boxer named Gagan Sharma. The coach also lamented the lack of facilities and quality coaches in India that hurts their chances even as China has won medals.

On 7/6/2016 at 12:18, kapil857 said:

Federer has declared at some point in the recent past that he will be playing with Hingis. In fact, he was even trying to get Hingis out of retirement for London XD.

Nothing is of course for certain, especially with Federer's recent injury, but pretty good chance he'll play. If he feels 3 events are too much, he may even choose XD over MD.

And seedings will not be decided on current rankings, but qualification will. Seedings will be based on latest available rankings at time of draw. So a lot can change between now and then, especially at Wimbledon.

that was then. heard roger say in a sports programme this week- that hingis has approached her to play mixed doubles -but he is not sure he will be up to it due to the 3 match per day thingy. the programme also said it is more likely that hingis will team up with warinka. dunno if roger will change his mind or not. but would loved to have seen federer and hingis play together.

Rohan Bopanna Picks Saketh Myneni Ahead of Leander Paes for Rio Olympics

Revealing his choice of partner for the men's doubles event at the Rio Games, India's tennis star Rohan Bopanna has picked young Saketh Myneni over the legendary Leander Paes on Friday.

In a letter to All India Tennis Association (AITA) on Olympic selection, Bopanna has made his choice of nominating his doubles partner on Saturday.