website statistics

Nordic Combined at the Nordic Skiing World Championships 2021

Totallympics

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Please stop trolling/don’t talk about things you have no clue of/inform yourself before talking nonsense.

Thanks!

Sorry if things are not looking so good for your team last years as it was before, in times when Frenzel and Rydzek were at their best. In our small team there is even less to be happy about, Vid Vrhovnik, who was Junior World champion, had a lot of problems with health and other, meanwhile youngsters don't improve fast enough, it is going to be tough to complete team for Planica 2023.

54 minutes ago, justony said:

Sorry if things are not looking so good for your team last years as it was before, in times when Frenzel and Rydzek were at their best. In our small team there is even less to be happy about, Vid Vrhovnik, who was Junior World champion, had a lot of problems with health and other, meanwhile youngsters don't improve fast enough, it is going to be tough to complete team for Planica 2023.

All the German officials were perfectly clear about the situation before the start of this competition. Nobody expected a medal in women’s ski jumping for example. You clearly didn’t inform yourself about what the expectations were in Germany. Also I don’t really care about the situation in Slovenia and Germany should never compare itself to Slovenia.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

6 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

All the German officials were perfectly clear about the situation before the start of this competition. Nobody expected a medal in women’s ski jumping for example. You clearly didn’t inform yourself about what the expectations were in Germany. Also I don’t really care about the situation in Slovenia and Germany should never compare itself to Slovenia.

Great, you don't have to compare the two teams in the standings of your home WC then :rolleyes:

@OlympicsFan if you read carefully, I wasn't compared our teams, after all our nation is much smaller and budget much lower, that is why pleasure is much nicer during this WCH. 

But since you poked me, don't be surprised, if at the end hosting land of next WCH will finish on medal standings in front of this years host, like it or not. ?

33 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Great, you don't have to compare the two teams in the standings of your home WC then :rolleyes:

What are you trying to say?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

34 minutes ago, justony said:

@OlympicsFan if you read carefully, I wasn't compared our teams, after all our nation is much smaller and budget much lower, that is why pleasure is much nicer during this WCH. 

But since you poked me, don't be surprised, if at the end hosting land of next WCH will finish on medal standings in front of this years host, like it or not. ?

I understood what you said, but obviously you didn’t understand what I said. I don’t care about The situation of Slovenian sport, so there was no reason to bring it up. 

Also please don’t act like a complete fool. You were trolling first, so don’t act as if you were trying to lead a normal discussion that I derailed. It is ok to troll, but at least be honest about it.

Maybe Slovenia will finish ahead of Germany in the medal table, but contrary to what you hope this doesn’t bother me. Germany only has to look at its own results and if Germany wins less than 1 gold, it certainly will be a bad result. In the end Germany did amazing at the last two worlds and will do amazing again in the future. A country can have fluke results in both directions. The alpine skiing worlds were a positive fluke for Germany and the Nordic worlds will probably be a negative fluke for Germany.

6 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Seems pretty obvious ... 

Then you are obviously overestimating your English language/logical reasoning skills.

5 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Wow, this must be the longest Nordic Combined Thread in the history of the Internet!  :clap:

Yes, let’s keep spamming to make it even longer. :yes