website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

58 minutes ago, Agger said:

Innocent people are killed and you decide to get political? Come on, show some sympathy!

They have what they want?

It's completely fair to disagree with the way things are in Sweden (I also think they are too political correct) but saying that they have what they want because they've been wanting to help people in distress is just too much!

And don't get me started on those rape statistics...

Im not happy with this, all the contrary, but sadly this is a consequence of that politics of their goverment and pays inocent people (like always), with that sentence i want to say with sarcasm to their goverment produce this.

For me, you can start  with the rape statistics, its political incorrect but its the true, im sory if this offends you and Gianlu and Volleyruller, the true is not always political correct.

22 minutes ago, konig said:

Im not happy with this, all the contrary, but sadly this is a consequence of that politics of their goverment and pays inocent people (like always), with that sentence i want to say with sarcasm to their goverment produce this.

For me, you can start  with the rape statistics, its political incorrect but its the true, im sory if this offends you and Gianlu and Volleyruller, the true is not always political correct.

The suspect seem to be from Uzbekistan, which from what I know isn't a major country when it comes to asylum/refugees. Before any more is known, it would be very wrong to make any analyses on what caused this situation.

That's not about being politically correct or incorrect (I'm personally pretty tired of that being used at once somebody gets offended).

And the rape statistics...

Yes, Sweden has seen a raise in rapes, but let's remember a couple of things before we decide to call it a lot or anything.

First of all, the definition of sexual offences is extremely wide in Sweden. Just consider the charges against Assange. This caused a massive rise in the statistics after 2005.

Second ís the reporting of the crime.

If a woman tells the police that she has been raped every day for a year, every single case is reported instead of it being reported as a single case. Therefore only a few people can make major changes to the statistics.

And if we're looking at the actual statistics:

2015 (the year with the by far most asylum seekers) had the lowest number of rapes since 2008, and 2016 had fewer than 2014 and about the same numbers as 2011

I'm not offended by the use of rape statistics, neither am I saying that there are no problems in Sweden (there are). I'm getting offended (not to say pretty pissed) by a reply showing absolutely no kind of sympathy only a few hours after such a terrible attack in a place that I hold very dear and have been to lots of times.

1 hour ago, konig said:

Is this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trollhättan_school_attack also the fault of Sweden's government "politicall correctness"? 

Edited by VolleyRuller96

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

58 minutes ago, Agger said:

The suspect seem to be from Uzbekistan, which from what I know isn't a major country when it comes to asylum/refugees. Before any more is known, it would be very wrong to make any analyses on what caused this situation.

That's not about being politically correct or incorrect (I'm personally pretty tired of that being used at once somebody gets offended).

And the rape statistics...

Yes, Sweden has seen a raise in rapes, but let's remember a couple of things before we decide to call it a lot or anything.

First of all, the definition of sexual offences is extremely wide in Sweden. Just consider the charges against Assange. This caused a massive rise in the statistics after 2005.

Second ís the reporting of the crime.

If a woman tells the police that she has been raped every day for a year, every single case is reported instead of it being reported as a single case. Therefore only a few people can make major changes to the statistics.

And if we're looking at the actual statistics:

2015 (the year with the by far most asylum seekers) had the lowest number of rapes since 2008, and 2016 had fewer than 2014 and about the same numbers as 2011

I'm not offended by the use of rape statistics, neither am I saying that there are no problems in Sweden (there are). I'm getting offended (not to say pretty pissed) by a reply showing absolutely no kind of sympathy only a few hours after such a terrible attack in a place that I hold very dear and have been to lots of times.

Ok, you are rigth in some things, specially in the last, i express in that way (in part) because i dont know any active user from Sweeden but i must predicted that i can offend another user, my apologizes.

In another hand, you are right too about the Sexual offences in Sweeden are "special" than another parts of the world and when we see a "supposed" sexual crime in Sweeden, may be is not a sexual crime at all or a mild crime in the worst of the cases in our countrys, i read many in the last months but it can be only sensacionalism from the press.

I read today about the autor of this terrorist attempt, its true thatt he isnt probably a refugee........but he is probably muslin (in Uzbekistan they are majority), and well, that kind of inmigration bring some types of problems.

In my country we have some problems for the political correction, im really tired of this,  and in some occasions i have this "agresive" replys, i will try to wont do anymore (at least here, in a sport forum)

Edited by konig

7 minutes ago, konig said:

Ok, you are rigth in some things, specially in the last, i express in that way (in part) because i dont know any active user from Sweeden but i must predicted that i can offend another user, my apologizes

I am afterall half Swedish (Swedish mother)

But let's stop it here :)

42 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Is this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trollhättan_school_attack also the fault of Sweden's government "politicall correctness"? 

Im not think in absolutes when we talk about humans things, there are all types of fanatics and im not defend any of them, this kinds of horrible crimes cant be used for "subtle censorship", that is the political correction for me, nobody likes all kind of people and attacking and saying how they must think, you only generate ruction in that people and allow candidates like Donald Trump to win elections and the worse thing is that dont understand how that happen.

For me the free speech is sacred, if its so bad thing what the person says, the society will judge that, the censorship allow their victimisation, if the terrorism atacks are made by muslims, thats the reallity and im sory if that ofend them, is an example for being used in any case.

The populist party from Finland - true finns - who scored 17.2% of votes during the last parlamentary election got only 8.8% of support during yesterday's municipal election and dropped to fifth/sixth place overall :clap:. They also lost 426 seats, while Green Aliance gained the most - 213

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Election time in Iran and today Ahmadinejad surprised everybody by registering for the election ! he said twice, (the last time only 7 days ago) loudly and clearly that he won't run for the presidency yet he still did that ! I know all politicians lie most of the time but this guy is beyond all records in term of lying !

Because of the weird system here, all candidates should be approved by a council and I know it's likely for them to disqualify him but still that won't be easy for them to drop the two time "president", things will change if he enters the election, Rouhani's position is weakened now and losing the election is not impossible at all. with a moron like Trump in office, the last thing we want is another idiot here, things can get out easily of control with all these US military forces in Persian Gulf not far from the Iranians.

5 godzin temu, MHSN napisał:

Election time in Iran and today Ahmadinejad surprised everybody by registering for the election ! he said twice, (the last time only 7 days ago) loudly and clearly that he won't run for the presidency yet he still did that ! I know all politicians lie most of the time but this guy is beyond all records in term of lying !

Because of the weird system here, all candidates should be approved by a council and I know it's likely for them to disqualify him but still that won't be easy for them to drop the two time "president", things will change if he enters the election, Rouhani's position is weakened now and losing the election is not impossible at all. with a moron like Trump in office, the last thing we want is another idiot here, things can get out easily of control with all these US military forces in Persian Gulf not far from the Iranians.

i agree - one idiot is enough

i can`t even imagine how stupid American society has to be now

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Playlist with 182 Glorious Songs to guide you through the next few hours while we await the Great Test of the Beloved Leader's new nuclear toy :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!