website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It's just shows that once again we became the society of "if it has flaws throw it away and get a new one" ,in my eyes  it seems like a really bad idea but only time will tell...

1 hour ago, Dnl said:

It's just shows that once again we became the society of "if it has flaws throw it away and get a new one" ,in my eyes  it seems like a really bad idea but only time will tell...

I also wondered what if murder, robbery, gun shot etc happen during this period, anarchism like trump said?

16 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I actually want this to happen just for the lulz of seeing shit hit the fan. These morons are obviously unaware of the fact days of Night Watch are long, long gone. I expect a major rise in cime of all sorts, murder, rape & burglary if this goes ahead. The idea of a "private police" or "self-policing citizens" is such a flaw in modern age it's beyond belief. These are not some rural villages with a population of 750 when everyone knows who the troublemaker is. Thugs will bring out semi-automatic weapons on the street and that's the end of it. These city councilmen wanting changes will be the first to run away and hide IF they can run fast enough. But again, I want this to happen only for wheels to come off sooner rather than later. And then people will beg for the municipal police to return :p

Btw, do they want Sheriff's office to be abandoned too? :lol:

20 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I actually want this to happen just for the lulz of seeing shit hit the fan. These morons are obviously unaware of the fact days of Night Watch are long, long gone. I expect a major rise in cime of all sorts, murder, rape & burglary if this goes ahead. The idea of a "private police" or "self-policing citizens" is such a flaw in modern age it's beyond belief. These are not some rural villages with a population of 750 when everyone knows who the troublemaker is. Thugs will bring out semi-automatic weapons on the street and that's the end of it. These city councilmen wanting changes will be the first to run away and hide IF they can run fast enough. But again, I want this to happen only for wheels to come off sooner rather than later. And then people will beg for the municipal police to return :p

Btw, do they want Sheriff's office to be abandoned too? :lol:

Sheriffs are generally worse than the PD. I’ve yet to be impressed by the standard of either. 

Personally, I don’t think eliminating the police is a good idea. I think it’s worth to look into and test alternatives, but for now, the police are an unfortunate necessity. I think there are a lot of reforms we could make within policing to make it better for everyone, but I do understand the position of those who want them gone (and I don’t blame them). Also, like John Oliver mentioned on his show last night, there’s a lot of other unsolved social issues in the U.S. that are contributing to bad policing, institutional racism, etc. We have to solve those in order to solve this current issue, which pretty much means that we’re fucked because Americans are dumb as shit, and incapable of attempting meaningful reform or following the guidance of strong research.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Sheriffs are generally worse than the PD. I’ve yet to be impressed by the standard of either. 

Personally, I don’t think eliminating the police is a good idea. I think it’s worth to look into and test alternatives, but for now, the police are an unfortunate necessity. I think there are a lot of reforms we could make within policing to make it better for everyone, but I do understand the position of those who want them gone (and I don’t blame them). Also, like John Oliver mentioned on his show last night, there’s a lot of other unsolved social issues in the U.S. that are contributing to bad policing, institutional racism, etc. We have to solve those in order to solve this current issue, which pretty much means that we’re fucked because Americans are dumb as shit, and incapable of attempting meaningful reform or following the guidance of strong research.

I've told you what's the best short-term fix. Strike down the Second Amendment and move on from there. If you want to have institutional changes then it should start from the top where the institution is. And that's the Congress. If those morons in Congress stick to outdated bills of law from 18th century, you're not getting any institutional changes ever. Days of street movements, even like Spring of Nations from 1848 can happen in modern age in Second or Third world countries where democracy is weak but USA is not a country like that, Democracy in USA has been institutionalized decades ago and the two-party system is the biggest proof of all.

Disbanding police and replacing it with a modern Night Watch is a change for a change that will not make matters better. Hell, it will make matters worse as the crime will run rampant. Hell, even RoboCop movies made a mockery of a "private police" system run by big companies. This is your progressive solution? Or a world without crime Wesley Snipes wrecks havoc in Demolition Man. The Minority Report and another "better world with a different police" that ultimately comes crashing down. Hollywood and Philip K. Dick have shown you that people are people and different doesn't always mean better. I understand everyone's in tunnel vision after Floyd's death but Minnesota city council is trying to revive an idea from 18th century that has no business some 200 years later. Then again US politicians want to uphold these outdated bills of law from 18th century as well so I'm not surprised you have such "creative" ideas to fix the police :lol:

This is beautiful. (The second video is the one I tried to share)

We would give her a 105% for that speech in communication studies.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

He needs to go.

This might be the most idiotic thing he’s ever published. The dude was clearly not Antifa, and of course he won’t condemn police officers who pushed a 75 year old man to the ground. 

25 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Read about this the other day, they still re-rehired over 100 officers from the "dissolved" police and some black people living there still bitch about the chief of the "new" police being white and most of the captains likewise. It's hardly a solution to follow. Moreover the issue in Minnesota is not corruption but the alleged racism and brutality so something completely different.

11 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Read about this the other day, they still re-rehired over 100 officers from the "dissolved" police and some black people living there still bitch about the chief of the "new" police being white and most of the captains likewise. It's hardly a solution to follow. Moreover the issue in Minnesota is not corruption but the alleged racism and brutality so something completely different.

I think the most important take away from this though, is that reform is possible. It might not be perfect, but people are happier with what they have now. At the very least, it was a step in the right direction. That’s a lot more than can be said about most other departments around the country.