website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2021

Totallympics

28 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

It’s not so much that Norway are dominant, it’s that Russia & Germany are average now.

Doesn’t matter. The result is the same (Norway dominates). Norway used to be far less dominant in cross-country and back then it took less to make their cross-country team and those who weren’t good enough to make it weren’t good enough to dominate biathlon. 10 or 15 years ago Germany was probably the best nation in men’s cross-country. Russia might come back, especially if people start to care less about their doping again, but Germany won’t. Like I said before: I absolutely expect the same nations to dominate as in cross-country. Norway/Sweden/Russia have by far the best depth in cross-country, so their B talents will go into biathlon and will dominate there. I just hope that IBU will realize that it is bad for their product and that they will change some things.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

9 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Doesn’t matter. The result is the same (Norway dominates). Norway used to be far less dominant in cross-country and back then it took less to make their cross-country team and those who weren’t good enough to make it weren’t good enough to dominate biathlon. 10 or 15 years ago Germany was probably the best nation in men’s cross-country. Russia might come back, especially if people start to care less about their doping again, but Germany won’t. Like I said before: I absolutely expect the same nations to dominate as in cross-country. Norway/Sweden/Russia have by far the best depth in cross-country, so their B talents will go into biathlon and will dominate there. I just hope that IBU will realize that it is bad for their product and that they will change some things.

Finland still hasn't recovered from the 2001 doping scandal in cross-country IMO. But it's a bigger problem for them since they went belly up in ski jumping too.

Jacquelin hit the wrong targets or what? 0/5.

Jacquelin with a good old 0/5. Wrong target seems unlikely, since in this situation that would likely have been noticed by someone next to him..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Ugh, the whole winter long: those freaking annoying coaches who don't get the face mask rules. It's really about time they get fined for it.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!