website statistics

Athletes Retirements Thread

phelps

57 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Guess Davis doesn't give a fuck about the Chinese government then? Makes the NBA drama look even more ridiculous :lol:

The difference being that he’s employed by the Chinese Federation itself, and NBA stands for (National Basketball Association) and is mean to be an American business held to American standards.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The difference being that he’s employed by the Chinese Federation itself, and NBA stands for (National Basketball Association) and is mean to be an American business held to American standards.

So, an US individual shouldn't be held to American standards but an US company should be? What kind of a twisted logic is this?

6 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

I remember him from 2002 games controversy. He is huge legend. But i loved Apolo Ohno more. ;)

I'm going to have to Google that, I have absolutely no idea what's with Shani Davis and the 2002 Games :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

I remember him from 2002 games controversy. He is huge legend. But i loved Apolo Ohno more. ;)

I only remember the 2018 controversy.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Monzanator said:

So, an US individual shouldn't be held to American standards but an US company should be? What kind of a twisted logic is this?

I just don’t mind Americans coaching Chinese teams, but I do mind the Chinese government telling Americans how to speak and act.

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I just don’t mind Americans coaching Chinese teams, but I do mind the Chinese government telling Americans how to speak and act.

Right, USA is the global policeman after all. And I'm pretty sure Shani Davis won't be posting any tweets about Hong Kong :p

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I only remember the 2018 controversy.

I even only very vaguely remember something was going on there :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I even only very vaguely remember something was going on there :p

One hint: skin color