heywoodu

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Bruna :d 

Goals:

- Beating Mika

- Staying within 22.2 seconds of Jaque (she asked me "how close do you think I can get to Jaque?" and since I have absolutely no idea, I went for 22.2 and if she manages to do that, I'll take her out to dinner when she visits the Netherlands :d )

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I don't see it on the Eurosport Player program, no idea where else to look.. 

This Russian stream works for me :cheer:

http://cdn.livetvcdn.net/webplayer.php?t=ifr&c=609816&lang=en&eid=501562&lid=609816&ci=396&si=18

#banbestmen

By the way, a nice little backstory about Bruna:

When she was a mountain bike athlete, she had to retire due to a serious heart condition that made her stop with any sort of hard physical activity. Eventually her coach (Jaqueline Mourão) managed to get an open heart surgery for her, but it took a long time to come back. Always when people were training, or even just playing games, she was told she couldn't participate because it was too dangerous. Only after two years (!) she could finally get back to competition, so she participated in one more mountain bike race to close her MTB-career in a good way instead of in a 'forced' way. She had already gotten to know roller skiing and was doing that in the months before (very, very easy, only looking at the technique because anything harder was too dangerous), and decided to switch to that - but after closing her MTB-career in a good way. 

Long story short: that first and last MTB-competition after two years of being forced to not do any kind of strong physical activity was on 23 February 2014. Today, exactly three years later, she is making her debut in a competition with all of the best female cross-country skiers in the world, so it's sort of a really special day :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Stream isn't working here :(

3 minutes ago, Agger said:

Swedish TV shows it! :thumbup:

What's the name of the channel? Maybe it's somewhere online on a less-than-legal stream or something :p