website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread

Quasit

Well, it happens. As I said, @Olympian1010had the same impression as me, so he just confirmed it. No offence, mate. (But as this is your second wrong suggestion, I suggest you not be an "expert" anymore :p ).

It seems male parts of flower are more connected to "stamina", which is also logical in some way.

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I attended Catholic school, so even the flowers were sexually repressed :p

I was hoping for your knowledge of Latin... I mean for the fact you don't know Latin, so you might have rejected the sexual repression of flowers as well. :lol:

1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

The way I remembered it at school was that stamen had "men" in the word :d

That's a good way remembering it. Like I said, I had no idea between stamen and pistil myself if it were my question.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

Just now, Vojthas said:

Well, it happens. As I said, @Olympian1010had the same impression as me, so he just confirmed it. No offence, mate. (But as this is your second wrong suggestion, I suggest you not be an "expert" anymore :p ).

I know, I did awful today. In fairness, asking the American for advice on a football question was an interesting choice :p

Biology isn’t one of my strong fields of study either. Apologies.

My knowledge would be most helpful in the Humanities, Liberal Arts, and Politics/Current Events. I really do like to think that I am rather good at trivia, but @Quasit has come up with some difficult questions on a diverse array of topics.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

My knowledge would be most helpful in the Humanities, Liberal Arts, and Politics/Current Events. I really do like to think that I am rather good at trivia, but @Quasit has come up with some difficult questions on a diverse array of topics.

My bad actually, we should have assessed your strong fields beforehand to give an idea on when to seek your help but then again, for the moment, you're the only expert lifeline anyway. ;) 

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.