website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread

Quasit

1 minute ago, Vojthas said:

So, @Olympian1010 - the question is about the male part of a flower. My knowledge of English or Latin is not enough here. If you don't know the answers, please give me at least the suggestion. I have mine to compare, but I don't want to suggest you your answer.

I know that the Pistil and Stamen are sexual organs of flowers. I believe the Pistil inserts into the Stamen, which would make me believe the Pistil is the male organ.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Yeah, my thought as well. I mean "pistil" sounds a little bit like "penis" and "testicles" combined, while "stamen" a little bit like "hymen". (We've had medical English much better taught than parts of flower... or I was sleepy then).

OK, @Quasit my FINAL answer is B: Pistil.

PS. As far as I remember from biology lessons, pistil does not insert into the stamen, as the flowers are "reproducing" with a help of: bees, water (rare) or wind. But if that helped Olympian to remember it better, then I am more sure of his answer. :P

Half a page on the topic of flower sex, 2021 really is off to an interesting start :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@VojthasI'm sorry but we were all wrong.

It was the other.

Pts. 16,000

What is the male part of a flower called?

A: Carpel      B: Pistil
  C: Sepal   D: Stamen
Question by OlympicIRL

Male Flower Parts 1. Stamen Anther Filament - ppt video online download

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

1 minute ago, Vojthas said:

PS. As far as I remember from biology lessons, pistil does not insert into the stamen, as the flowers are "reproducing" with a help of: bees, water (rare) or wind.

I attended Catholic school, so even the flowers were sexually repressed :p

I’m surprised we learned about it tbh :p