website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 15

9 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

Shameful showing in this madison, not even trying

I mean that's just objectively not true.

Ignoring the impact that losing Hayter might have had to the team's plans, this field is stacked.

And even it we think that it is a bad showing, it still doesn't make it 'shameful'.

Just now, Epic Failure said:

I mean that's just objectively not true.

Ignoring the impact that losing Hayter might have had to the team's plans, this field is stacked.

And even it we think that it is a bad showing, it still doesn't make it 'shameful'.

I mean they have literally done nothing, picked up points by accident, never attacked, they had no intention of going for a medal in this event, i think that is clear and undefendable. 

Choong 50 seconds behind on the leader.

Frustrating he had such a bad fencing round that’s carried over to today bc he’s smashed both his swims and yesterdays lazer run.

Hopefully they all shoot as bad as French did earlier

8 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

I mean they have literally done nothing, picked up points by accident, never attacked, they had no intention of going for a medal in this event, i think that is clear and undefendable. 

I feel that title should go to Canada tbf 

7 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

Do you know that they had no intention of going for a medal, rather than just being outclassed? Are you privy to their tactics?

Incidentally, we saw the Austrians attack early. They even won both a lap and a sprint. How did that work out for them?

10 minutes ago, RussB said:

what a brilliant Madison - fair play to Portugal who utterly smashed it in those last 50 laps, great race.

First ever gold outside of athletics and one of only 6 ever! Great work 

1 minute ago, Epic Failure said:

Do you know that they had no intention of going for a medal, rather than just being outclassed? Are you privy to their tactics?

Incidentally, we saw the Austrians attack early. They even won both a lap and a sprint. How did that work out for them?

I mean anyone who watches a lot of track cycling, and i know you do, knew exactly how that austrian attack was going to pan out 30 laps or so later. 

It was a terrible tactic and  I'd have been happier with GB doing that than what they did, which was nothing. Maybe they were outclassed, again, thats a very bad look if that's the case because any combination of GB riders should be challenging. 

Tell me at which point in that race they showed a desire to do something, (the sprint points aint it, they were just following wheels) 

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

I am keeping it realistic. I'm not to keen on Caden's style and he's got a tough opponent in Sapina and Salimi so I'm not favouring him by any means. Finucane's looked good but I want to see how she fairs against the 2 Germans and Gros before handing her the medal. I thought Bryson looked good in her semi final but so did the Italian behind her so that for me is too close to call, French was quite off it for me and won't challenge. The 2 4x4s won't win, there are too many contenders who are better than us. Finishing in 8th behind Netherlands and Germany, which is the worst we can realistically finish, would best reflect where we are atm as a nation and the transitional period we're currently going through - the total medals we'll probably end up with (60-62) will reflect the talent pool we've got but the position we finish (if we do go on to finish outside of top 5) will reflect how our athletes lack that clinical edge in pressurised situation to go on and be the best. 

8th would be three down on the UK Sport target… Would generate a lot of criticsim. 

Edited by Orangehair43