website statistics

2024 Olympics - Day 8 (August 3)

3 hours ago, james89 said:

My guess is they'll deploy their normal strategy of going out as hard as they can and then hope no one catches them

Unlikely to work, but tbh I appreciate the gusto behind that strategy. Because every so often (*cough* Tokyo *cough*) it pays out.

Slept a little bit past my alarm, so I’m gonna try to do this next daily preview as soon as possible (and a rundown of the last 3 days as soon as the day is over, I’ve been busy past 2:30pm or so)

Our women’s eight attempt to try and defend their Olympic gold (not happening, but maybe an Olympic medal is possible?), Melissa Humana-Parades take on Samoilova/Graudina women’s beach volleyball group stage for a direct ticket to the round of 16, women’s soccer team plays Germany in the quarterfinals, Josh Liendo and Summer McIntosh go in the men’s 100m butterfly/women’s 200m individual medley finals, Felix Auger-Aliassime takes on Musetti for bronze in men’s singles tennnis, Damian Warner finishes up his decathlon, and our women’s 3x3 team will try to get themselves into the medal rounds with a win against Azerbaijan or a China loss.

Edited by Josh

5 minutes ago, Surlympics said:

Damian Warner with a 13.62 in the hurdles and 1024 points to vault him into the lead after 6 events 

Hard to tell who’s winning gold still, Discus throw is Neugebauer’s best event (5m or so or better), and he’s a fair bit better at pole vault (0.2m), but Warner is better at javelin throw (by a couple of metres) and a fair bit better at the 1500m. Odds are still in Neugebauer’s favor. 

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Hard to tell who’s winning gold still, Discus throw is Neugebauer’s best event (5m or so or better), and he’s a fair bit better at pole vault (0.2m), but Warner is better at javelin throw (by a couple of metres) and a fair bit better at the 1500m. Odds are still in Neugebauer’s favor. 

Going to be a fun finish 

Edited by Surlympics