website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 2

5 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

You mean the form that has them being the only nation with 2 swimmers in the final of the individual 200m?!?

I get that you are Mr Doom and Gloom but that's just a weird take. It's perfectly possible that we won't win gold but if that happens it won't be because we've not shown form.

We just need to win a gold or two in primetime and swimming and athletics are the best opportunities along with takewondo. 

Edited by Orangehair43

12 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Sad but at least Qin is off the podium.

Are we going to get a gold in the pool - suspect not. Sad we won golds in three overnight Olympics and probally none in the evening ones. 

Not to jinx it, but the chinese are having an awful meet so far, maybe being tested and all....

Just now, Olympicsnell said:

Not to jinx it, but the chinese are having an awful meet so far, maybe being tested and all....

Might be good for them tomorrow through going by the semis tonight. 

2 minutes ago, RussB said:

Qin apparently has been dealing with tendonitis in knee (according to Swimming Propulsion guys anyway)

Well he would hardly say he is suffering because he can’t dope!

4 minutes ago, RussB said:

Qin apparently has been dealing with tendonitis in knee (according to Swimming Propulsion guys anyway)

He got tendonitis in January lol, he said he was fully recovered coming into the meet.

1 minute ago, Jambo said:

He got tendonitis in January lol, he said he was fully recovered coming into the meet.

I am certainly not a medical expert, but having tendonitis in an Olympic year is bound to have impacted his prep, it’s not something that just magically heals after a few months. Let’s face it, none of us know the condition of athletes.

His endurance is clearly not there from the 100m races we could see, it opens up the 200m to Stubbley Cook and the rest.

a very up and down day, i'd probably consider it par...im actually more disapointed max didnt medal more than peaty not winning, canoe slalom was great.

tennis went well, rowing still looks really good, gymnastics team qualified and downie got through, equestrian still holding on, rugby sevens did better than expected. boxing, i had higher hopes than most for boxing on this group and im being proved wrong haha

Tomorrow COULD be a huge day *touch wood*

Edited by Olympicsnell