website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Medal Count

12 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

I'm not sure there's anything fishy about it. With their vast population the Chinese have a production line of great divers and it is difficult to compete against that

Fishy as - something has to be changed, one nation winning everything isnt way to attract more athletes and so on. It collides with IOC basic principles.

Whole system must be changed to give an equal opportunities. Diving today is based only on a battle for bronze, nothing more. If that situation happens once, nothing strange.

If that situation repeats all the time, then something needs to be done or changed.

6 gold, 7 silver and 6 bronze for Hungary. Pretty much the same as Tokyo, one less bronze. Many surprises and disappointments, this time we were mostly carried by athletes who weren't the top favorites. 

Just now, Vektor said:

6 gold, 7 silver and 6 bronze for Hungary. Pretty much the same as Tokyo, one less bronze. Many surprises and disappointments, this time we were mostly carried by athletes who weren't the top favorites. 

Yes this is astonishing that we had this result on essentially half throttle!

What could have happened if we had more luck in fencing/judo/wrestling , a kayak final turns out differently, etc. etc.

I give a credit to China because they are improving in every sport there is.

Breaking, rhythmic gymnastics, very consistent in canoe sprint, boxing...

I saw many videos of their kindergarten children exercising, they are all lean, their reflexes much faster than of western children.

One benefit extra of this olympic battle is that millions of Chinese children will be more healthy by practicing sports.

Unlike USA children and overall population who are obese.

Almost a perfect prediction by me answering to the post "Athletes who will shine in Summer Olympic Games in Paris 2024" 3 years ago :yikes:

On 8/9/2021 at 2:05 PM, MagyarBabu said:

:HUN Gulyás Michelle - Modern Pentathlon

:HUN Varga Ádám - Canoeing Sprint

I’m generally pretty confident about our men’s K2 and K4. I see our young guys much further ahead than the others

:HUN Kós Hubert - Swimming.

Ok this is a bet… Or a hope…

10 minutes ago, pdr4332 said:

Yes this is astonishing that we had this result on essentially half throttle!

What could have happened if we had more luck in fencing/judo/wrestling , a kayak final turns out differently, etc. etc.

Yeah, it's kinda crazy that we won 6 gold medals without any help from Canoe Sprint.

Hungarian gold medals outside of Canoe Sprint:

2024: 6

2020: 3

2016: 5

2012: 5

2008: 1

2004: 5

2000: 4

1996: 5

1992: 10

So yeah, this is pretty much our best Games outside of Canoe Sprint since 1992.