website statistics

[POLL-TRACK CYCLING] Which country will win the Track Cycling medal tally at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024? Road to Paris 2024

[POLL-TRACK CYCLING] Which country will win the Track Cycling medal tally at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which country will win the Track Cycling medal tally at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024?

• Netherlands
    • Great Britain
    • Italy
    • Denmark
    • Germany
    • Australia
    • New Zealand

I expect both Team Pursuit crews to medal, meanwhile I'm not sure at all of what the omnium and madison guys can do (actually, we don't even know for sure who's gonna compete in those events, even if I presume that Viviani in men's Omnium should be a safe bet) :mumble:

Posted (edited)

Probably either the Dutch or Brits, unless I’m forgetting a country 

And for Australia I’d take any gold medal considering the horrible results at the last 2 games.

Men’s team sprint is the best chance 

A smaller chance with Richardson in Keirin and sprint but Lavreyson will be favourite for both

Edited by Dkats

Posted (edited)

Brits should top the medal table despite Katie's tragic injury news;

Gold medal hopes = Women's team sprint, women's sprint, women's keirin, mens team pursuit, men's omnium, women's madison, (possibly men's madison too but lineups havent been confirmed so its hard to predict).

the loss of Archibald probably dooms the W omnium and W team pursuit gold medal hopes.

Edited by RussB

The :NED has good opportunities on the men's sprint team and outside chances on womens keirin and mens madison, but I highly doubt that will be enough to beat :GBR in the track cycling medal table.

Before Archibald's injury announcement I'd have thought this was almost a foregone conclusion of GBR - NED - ITA in that order. I still think that will be the order, but it's far from a sure thing now. I think it's quite likely Harrie sweeps men's sprint and Emma Finucance sweeps women's. I think Italy and GBR are duking it out in Endurance but there won't be any sweeps. I think GBR 4, NED 3 ITA 3 BEL 2 is quite likely on the gold front, though France and Australia will probably ghave something to say - before Archibald went down I'd have gone GBR as many as 6-7 golds, thanks to Archibold and Finucane

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Before Archibald's injury announcement I'd have thought this was almost a foregone conclusion of GBR - NED - ITA in that order. I still think that will be the order, but it's far from a sure thing now. I think it's quite likely Harrie sweeps men's sprint and Emma Finucance sweeps women's. I think Italy and GBR are duking it out in Endurance but there won't be any sweeps. I think GBR 4, NED 3 ITA 3 BEL 2 is quite likely on the gold front, though France and Australia will probably ghave something to say - before Archibald went down I'd have gone GBR as many as 6-7 golds, thanks to Archibold and Finucane

I'm not sure where Belgium are winning two golds, Kopecky I think is likely to come up short vs Wollaston in the Omnium, and the madison vs Evans and Barker. New Zealand are likely to win 2 gold (Women's team pursuit), NED I have with 2 gold (both from Harry), Aus 1 (men's team sprint). Italy will be a challenge for GBR in the men's team pursuit (also Denmark). Emma F could well sweep the 3 women's sprint events I think, with Germany providing most strong opposition in all 3. Men's endurance side is harder to predict, the men's omnium is always close [chances for NZ I assume with Gate, France with Thomas and Hayter for GBR, Viviani with Italy with an outsiders chance], and men's Madison is open [GBR with Tarling and possibly Vernon could be tough].

Edited by RussB

Love how everyone is underestimating Team NZ 

8 medals contenders 

5 real shot at medals 

• Men’s Madison (Gate and Stewart)
  • Men’s Omnium (Gate)
  • Men’s Team Pursuit (Gate, Stewart, Sexton, Hornblow)
  • Women’s Team Pursuit (Botha, Wollaston, Shearman, Shields)
  • Omnium (Wollaston)
  • Madison (Wollaston and Botha)
  • Women’s Sprint (Andrews)
  • Women’s Keirin (Andrews)
  • Women’s Team Sprint (Andrews, Patch and Fulton)

It’s okay to underestimate the little ol’ kiwis. Just a reminder, 8 medals at UCI World Cup last year. Domination in Nations Cup since then.